Ladder Safety Training
From Lead Training
This course is intended to familiarize students with regulatory requirements for the installation and use of fixed and portable ladders. Students will review the minimum requirements for the construction, care, and use of common types of ladders in order to insure safety under normal conditions of usage. Type I, II and III will be covered as well as their inspection and maintenance. Design considerations such as rung specifications, cleats, pitch as well as fastenings, load requirements and design stresses will also be covered.
- Upon completion of this course students will be able to identify common causes of ladder accidents, identify proper inspection and maintenance of ladders, identify correct techniques for setting up and using a ladder, identify proper techniques for climbing a ladder safely.
- Regulatory requirements
- Anchoring and supports
- Proper pitch
- Load limitations
- Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, Video presentation written material), practical training (demonstrations performed by the trainer and practical exercises performed by the trainee), and evaluation of the student’s performance
Client Supplied Items
- Procedures or policies relating to use of ladders on the job site
- DVD player and corresponding viewing equipment
- Estimated Time Required 2 hrs.
- Requalification Period N/A
- Pre-Requisites N/A
- Minimum # Students 4
- Maximum # Students 16
- Additional Course Material N/A