Legionella Risk Management Training – Role of the Responsible Person
he objective is to develop the capability of The Responsible Person and their nominated deupties for the management of legionellosis and water hygiene issues as specified in The Control of Legionella in Water Systems (L8), which came into effect on the 2nd January 2001. This course is a 1 day course which runs from 9.30 – 16.30 at the client’s premises.
The above sessions will cover the following key areas;
Background to Legionella and Legionnaires Disease, including case studies and the life cycle of Legionella;
- Background to Legionella and Legionnaires Disease, including case studies and the life cycle of Legionella;
- Understand the current law and guidance, including COSHH, RIDDOR and ACOP L8.
- Identify the Responsible Person and the duties involved including competences of all staff;
- Look at the risk management process;
- Identify the requirements of a written scheme to prevent and control risk;
- Discuss sampling for Legionella and when to sample;
- Information on the new British Standard BS8580 – Requirements of Legionella Risk Assessments
Training – 1/2 Day Course
The objective is to provide delegates with a basic understanding of the risks posed by Legionella, the legislative requirements and practical guidance for prevention and control of Legionnaires’ disease as specified in The Control of Legionella in Water Systems (L8), which came into effect on 2nd January 2001.
We will attend site to present a Legionella Awareness Session based on the requirements of the HSC ACoP L8 and HTM 04:01 (where applicable). Where specifically requested an assessment questionnaire will be given.
The training will cover the following topics;
- A foundation understanding of Legionnaires’ disease and ‘Legionella’, the bacteria that casuses the disease.
- Reference relevant regulations / legislation and guidance documents.
- Understanding the factors affecting risk and principles of prevention & control.
- Management of Hot and Cold Water Systems
The training course is for anyone with a responsibility for health & safety and/or to undertake tasks associated with cleaning, servicing, modification or repair of water systems. E.g. Line managers, process supervisors, trades persons, cleaners etc. Particularly for those individuals with no previous training or those requiring a refresher.
Training – 45 minutes
Tailored courses for different audiences.
Primary Water Solutions have presented courses for site responsible persons who are unable to attend ‘full’ day courses where emphasis is on their legislative requirements. This 45 minute session can also be tailored to provide awareness training to employees such as cleaning staff or nursing managers who may be responsible for ‘flushing infrequently used outlets’. Both the half day course and this course are normally run throughout the day to cater for shift changes.