By the end of this course you will be able to:
• be confident in using the various definitions and classifications of hazardous wastes
• understand the main hazards and risks associated with the management of industrial hazardous wastes, including its production, treatment and disposal
• provide practical advice on the requirements and options for managing hazardous wastes
• understand the range of technical options available for the effective management of industrial hazardous wastes
• advise others of the main controls on the transport of hazardous waste.
This course is relevant to a wide audience including technical staff and managers from waste producing companies and waste contractors, environmental regulators, insurance risk assessors and waste brokers.