Managing Safely Training Programme
From Approved Programmes
Managing Safely has been developed by Safety Advisory Services to address the safety and health training needs of the non-expert. This practical certificated course is delivered by Safety Advisory Services UK, accredited trainers.
Taking a proactive, risk management driven approach to health and safety, Managing Safely is based on:
- Identification and achievement of desired workplace behaviours
- Competence based training with practical exercises wherever possible
- Formal assessment of skills as well as underpinning knowledge
- Best practice rather than legislation, allowing international delivery of training
Managing Safely is for those required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation's policy and best practice in health and safety.
The Managing Safely syllabus covers:
- Safety management systems, the role of risk assessment and how safety management links with other aspects of management, legal requirements and the social environment
- Reactive monitoring, including which incidents have to be reported, checking that reports are being made, recording reported incidents, conducting investigations, recording results and analysing records
- Risk assessment and risk control, including making an inventory of sources of hazards, identifying hazards associated with each source, rating risks, selecting workplace precautions and recording results of risk assessments and reviews
- Preparing and using active monitoring checklists, implementing schedules for active monitoring , recording results and analysing records
- Safety policy, organising and conducting a management review of the safety management system and preparing for a health and safety audit
- Identifying relevant legislation and obtaining advice and guidance on compliance
- Managing the sources of hazards addressed in Working Safely
Managing Safely involves around 25 hours of tuition and exercises but can be spread over a convenient time span. Programme content is designed to meet individual organisation requirements.
Keeping up to date:
Refresher training is available for Managing Safely. It is recommended that, after two years, Managing Safely delegates update their knowledge during a one day training training session.
The technical content of all syllabuses is reviewed regularly and updated as required.
For further information including course dates please contact07580 255508
Cost: £585.00 +VAT per delegate
Dates:Throughout the Year.