QGIS Course, applied to Environmental Management – Online GIS Training
The objective of this course is to initiate the student in the management of QGIS, for the preparation of studies related to environmental management. The student will acquire the necessaries skills in the manipulation of QGIS tools that are recommended in environmental studies and analysis (EIA, environmental papers, fauna studies, etc.). The student will be trained in the development of quality thematic cartography, multi-criteria spatial analysis with applicability in environmental management and in alternative analysis.
Enrolled students in this online course will have access to our virtual e-learning platform (which is available 24 hours), where they will find the content of the course, practical exercises, forum discussion and additional content. One of the advantages of this online platform, is that students can benefit of real time support and assistance offered by the instructor (2 hours per week), whom they can contact via direct messages, regarding course related issues, at any moment. They can also contact the instructor via email.
- Highlight the importance and utility of a Geographic Information System (GIS), its integration and applicability in environmental management.
- General overview about the basic skills needed in QGIS and GRASS GIS. Essential concepts used by a GIS system in environmental management projects elaboration.
- Learn about GIS key tools in an appropriate and professional way, usage of vector and raster data information, develop high quality cartography products, elaborate complex spatial analysis.
- Find about all possible difficulties which you may encounter in the execution of environmental GIS projects, and their solutions through practical exercises.
- Gain experience in data preparation, layout development, map creation and high quality products delivery.
- Skills acquired by the student during our course: management of field sampling spatial databases, fauna density maps, erosion studies, hydrological studies, environmental sensitivity maps.