Breathing safely in a hazardous environment requires crucial training and protective equipment. Participants in this Respiratory Protection Training, will learn atmospheres immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH) and the key elements required by OSHA for respiratory protective training.
In this Respiratory Protection Online Course, you will learn:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Respiratory safety hazards
- Why a medical evaluation may be necessary
- How to evaluate a respirator seal for fit
- Proper maintenance procedures
The OSHA Respiratory Protection Training takes approximately 75 minutes to complete.
Participants who successfully pass the OHSA based Respirator Protection Training will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
Certificate of Completion
Participants who successfully pass the Respiratory Protection Online Course will earn a certificate of completion which they can print out or download for their records.
When do employees need respiratory protection?
- When employees must work in environments with insufficient oxygen or where harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, fumes, gases, vapors, or sprays are present, they need respirators.
- Whenever engineering and work practice control measures are not adequate to prevent atmospheric contamination at the worksite.
Tips for wearing a respirator:
- Never wear facial hair. It will limit the respirator to face seal.
- After each use, always replace disposable respirators.
- Follow manufacturer’s respirators recommendations and directions.
- Remove protective covers from filters prior to inserting the filters.
- Every user should have a proper respirator mask fit test.
- Change filters regularly.
- Wear a full-mask respirator when working working with dangerous airborne particles or debris.
- Ensure to work in well ventilated areas as much as possible to reduce airborne hazards.