Smelter Verification Program
Validate smelters and certify suppliers in your supply chain.
Efficiently Validate Collected Smelter Information
The SEC Rule Dodd-Frank 1502 requires issuer’s Conflict Minerals Report to include a description of the facilities used to process conflict minerals and the country of origin stating that the facilities refer to the smelter or refiners in an issuer’s supply chain. But how do you efficiently validate all that collected smelter information?
SMELTER ENGAGEMENT AND EDUCATION
Leveraging a 24-hour, 7 day a week Supplier Engagement Team with real people here in Carlsbad, CA, combined with the power of an analytics platform to ensure timely, accurate, and engaging outreach.
SMELTER RESEARCH AND VALIDATION
Obtaining sourcing and due diligence information from suppliers.
SMELTER STATUS AND VALIDATION
Identifying your Smelters, by metal and/or product, verifies their status and certifications, and provides the documentation necessary to answer requests and comply with regulations.
24/7 MULTILINGUAL SMELTER RESEARCH TEAM
Connecting directly with your suppliers and partners to increase response rates, data accuracy and provide quality smelter reports.
Identifying the source of your supplied metals is the one of the main purposes for Conflict Minerals Reporting and Compliance. A Smelter is usually the first stop for raw materials once they have been mined or recycled by the provider. We can help you identify your Smelters, by metal and/or product, verify their status and certifications, and provide the documentation necessary to answer requests and comply with regulations. Verify your Smelters once, post your certified results, and reuse this certification to respond to any future requests.
Benefits of a Smelter Verification Program
- Access our extensive smelter database.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of the certification and processing status.
- Receive quarterly updated smelter reports that include known smelter name, ID, and location.
- Classify unknown smelters.
- Identify problematic sourcing in your supply chain.
- Minimize reporting risks.
- Conflict Minerals Compliance Programs require audit-ready data
- Issuers and suppliers require smelter due diligence to comply, determine problematic sourcing and mitigate risk
- Suppliers must submit valid smelter data
- Acquire Supplier-provided Smelters
- Smelters verified against SI Smelter Database
- Receive Quarterly Smelter Reports
- SI Certification
- Smelter Research and Validation
- Database Reconciliation
- Smelter Engagement and Education
- Training and Online Assistance
- SI Certification