STI SP001 Adjunct Certification for API 653 Inspectors Course
Thank you for your interest in the STI SP001 Adjunct Certification or Renewal Certification for API 653 Inspectors course. Take it at any time, at your convenience, from your own computer.
- There are 11 modules in the course, each consisting of a PowerPoint review presentation and a four-item quiz.
- You must answer at least three of the quiz questions correctly before you can move on to the next module.
- Modules must be taken in order, no skipping back and forth.
- At the end of the course, you will take a 30-question examination.
- You must pass the 30-question exam with a score of at least 80% to qualify for certification. If you do not pass, you must then attend a 5-day course to get recertified.
- Provide proof of passing an eye test for visual acuity within the past 12 months. The eye exam must be administered by an optometrist, medical doctor, registered nurse or certified physician’s assistant. See sample form for information required. Emiail the form to Tiffany: email@example.com or fax to 847/438-8766.
- This recertification expires in five (5) years.
Prepare for the Course
- Steel Tank Institute SP001 Standard, 5th Edition
- Steel Tank Institute R912: Installation Instructions for Shop Fabricated Aboveground Storage Tanks for Flammable, Combustible Liquids
- Underwriters Laboratories UL 142 Standard, 9th Edition
- Petroleum Equipment Institute RP 200, 2013 revision
- Morrison Brothers Co. Venting Guide for Aboveground Storage Tanks
Payment and Access
- Complete and submit the API 653 Adjunct Application Form in PDF format, by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not pay for the exam at this time.
- You will receive an e-mail containing a link to the online API 653 Adjunct Certification course along with a username and password within 3 business days of submitting your form. The username and password are good for a number of months. Do not log in until you are ready to pay and take the exam.
- Once you have received your e-mail and are ready to begin the exam, click the link you received and login with the username and password provided.
- Pay the $325 program fee with a credit card and begin the course immediately. Access is available to you for 48 hours only.