SubSurface - LD-15 Operating Instructions Training
The LD-15 Professional’s Leak Survey Instrument is primarily designed for water leak “surveys,” the term used for listening for water leaks at hydrants, meters, and valves.
The LD-15 can also be used for water leak “pinpointing,” the term used for finding the exact location of water leaks:
The LD-15 includes standard accessories and optional accessories for water leak surveying and pinpointing:
- Amplifier with Meter Display and Filter Controls
- Padded Case and Standard Belt (40 inches)
- High Sensitivity Sensor and Cable
- Base Plate for Listening on Street Surfaces
- Aviation-Grade Stereo Headphones
- Heavy-Duty ABS Plastic Carrying Case
- 40 inches Long Contact Rod (not shown)
- 60 inches Long Contact Rod (not shown)
- Large Size Belt (50 inches)
- Extra Large Size Belt (60 inches)
The Amplifier has a large Meter Display, Volume Control, Mute Switch (also serves as ON/OFF), and Filter Range Switch:
The LD-15 requires 4 “C” size batteries:
Turn down the Volume Control before pressing the Mute Switch. With the Mute Switch depressed, adjust the Volume Control to hear the sounds comfortably.
There are two Filter Ranges:
- High: 30 Hz to 5000 Hz
- Low: 30 Hz to 800 Hz
Use the High Range for water leak surveying and the Low Range for water leak pinpointing.