Understanding and Implementing ISO 27001
Information is an asset that needs to be protected. An Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a controlled approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It encompasses people, processes, and Information Management Security Systems. The ISO 27001 standard defines a structure and provides a comprehensive set of controls to help organizations manage and protect their information. This 3 day class provides a through understanding of the requirements of the ISO 27001, and best practice strategies for implementing it.
- Background and Evolution of ISO and IT Management Systems
- Learn basic IT processes and how they relate to both ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Outline information security issues including methods of control
- Review of the requirements of ISO 27001 in detail
- Relate each requirement of the ISO 27001 standard to implementation best practices outlined in ISO 17799.
- As each process is reviewed, related requirements will be explained and applicable process measures will be defined.
- Discuss implementation alternatives for each process
- Understanding how an ISMS is structured and how it fits in with ISO 9001.
- Understand the requirements and implications of the Information Security Management Standard ISO 27001 as they apply to your organization
- Know practical strategies for a implementing a compliant information security management system (ISMS)
Who Should Attend:
- IT Security Officers, IT Managers, ISMS Management Reps, Chief Security Officers
Program Duration: Three-day program, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Locations: Atlanta GA, New Jersey NJ and at your own facility.