Vocational Training and Qualifications
Seminars and courses are provided in three main areas: advanced technical training, interdisciplinary training and qualification for new tasks. The range of courses available is continually adapted to reflect changes in companies and has a modular configuration ensuring considerable flexibility.
Selected topics are for example:
- Basic principles of water and energy supply
- Domestic services and installations
- Master’s degrees in network technology and network operation
- Production and treatment
- Gas and water networks
- Occupational health and safety
- Additional qualifications for master craftsmen
Some of the training courses are mainly focused on practical exercises under real-life conditions, f.e.
- anti-disaster training for members of emergency services
- careful behaviour in the case of damages caused by excavators
- safety-relevant work regarding gas transfer pipelines and gas installation
- occupational health and safety
Every year, the DVGW’s vocational training and qualifications meets the requirements of more than 25,000 participants. 245 experts cover all ranges of energy and water as well as f.e. organisation, leadership, Human ressources, communication, business studies and many more. It comprises the entire range of topics in the gas and water supply. As in previous years, participating specialists and executives again rated the round about 1,000 information events, seminars and specialist conventions as up-to-date, practical and very well organised.
The events are held throughout Germany. The DVGW training organisation also co-operates with universities throughout Germany and is involved in the development of new master’s degree courses in subjects such as network technology and network operation.
The complete offer of DVGW's vocational trainings and qualifications is made available via the Internet and is updated almost daily.