Wetland Delineation Refresher Training
From Wetland Delineation
The Swamp School has put together an on-demand online virtual classroom workshop that will bring you up to speed on: Regulations, wetland soils, wetland hydrology, and wetland vegetation, plus. Everything you need to know about the USACOE Regional Supplement updates.
Topic 1 is focused on regulations and will feature topics like:
- New 2019 Waters of the US regulations
- New Preliminary and Approved Jurisdictional Determination Process
- The role of the states in the Clean Water Act
- Nationwide Permit updates
Topic 2 will cover soils and will include:
- The 5 key hydric soil types you need to know
- New updates to the National Hydric Soil Indicators
- Refinements to the USACOE regional supplements
Topic 3 will discuss hydrology topics like:
- A new way to calculate wetland water supply without expense field monitoring equipment
- A refresher on some of the newer USACOE hydrology indicators
- A presentation of free data sources that can be used to estimate wetland hydrology
Topic 4 is all about wetland plants. We will present a variety of topics including:
- The latest updates to the USACOE Regional Supplements plant list that have been published in the Federal Register.
- So very helpful tips and tricks on how to quickly identify wetland vegetation.
- All new wetland Point Intercept Method that is published and consistent with the 2016 Regulatory Guidance
- Plus you will receive a custom wetland densitometer that you can use in the field.
The workshop is being offered in an on-demand format. You can log in any time and watch the presentations and work on the assignments. There is not a specific time you need to start the class, and it is available anytime day or night. The class will remain active in your account for 180 days after your start the class.
Join us online for a great refresher and stay current with the latest status and trends in wetlands.
How the class Works: The course includes the following:
- 13 presentations
- Soil Taxonomy Quiz
- Final Exam
Materials Needed: None
Click here to learn more- https://swampschool.org/product/wetland-delineation-refresher-training/
- 8 Professional Development Hours
- 5 Presentation Modules
- Final Exam
- Certificate of Training