Gas Detection Solutions for Liquified Natural Gas Detection
Liquefied natural gas owners require improved routine monitoring of facilities for safety, economic and regulatory reasons. Leaking LNG can cause explosions leading to loss of life and property. Loss of product through undetected leaks dramatically reduces a pipeline operator’s profitability. Traditional gas detectors are slow to reach and require a labour intensive process to keep maintained. IR detectors have been used but with limited success because of cross interference from other atmospheric gases.
Boreal’s TDL technology has several benefits for LNG leak detection:
- Provides continuous and instantaneous response times and data collection.
- Very reliably delivers accurate readings.
- No interference with other gases and No False Alarms: “It finds exactly what you’re looking for.”
- Ease of data collection and interpretation.
- Minimal Maintenance: checks internal reference cell every minute, robust design, and requires no consumables to operate.
- Low (overall or amortized) cost of ownership (because they can last +20 years) and low operation and maintenance costs.
- Our technology is as close to set, collect, and forget as possible.