Smoke generator device for maritime shipboard fire training - Shipbuilding & Water Transport - Maritime
A fire at sea can be devastating. Ensuring that crews are trained in safe but highly realistic conditions can help them tackle a real fire with greater speed, efficiency and confidence - minimising the damage to the ship, its cargo and of course risk to life.
Concept recommend the Colt 4 for shipboard training exercises. The smoke generator is:
- Safe, non toxic smoke
- Non contaminating
- No lingering smell
- Smoke 'On Demand'
- 'Off power' capability
- Compact & robust - just 7kg
- Extremely persistent smoke
- Low running costs
- Class leading warranties
- Sub micron particle size
The Colt is used world-wide for fire training applications on board ships.
After extensive testing and trails the Concept Colt 4 / Turbo was selected to equip the entire Royal Navy, Royal Fleet Auxiliary and RNZN fleets - it was concluded that the Colt 4 is an outstanding training aid for the ships safety officer.
Another smoke generating device that Concept recommend for ship board fire training is the B1 high output battery powered smoke generator. The B1 has the ability to make smoke continuously on maximum output for 10 minutes using the on-board battery or alternatively the B1 could be used with an appropriate larger external giving up to 2 hours of smoke production. Running costs are extremely low, using just 10ml of smoke fluid per minute. The B1 is 100% portable, has a heat up time of just 1 second, small, lightweight, practical, has adjustable output and is incredibly easy to use!
- Demonstrate to tremendous effect the critical need to crash stop ventilation systems to prevent and restrict smoke spread
- Create dense and Variable smoke scenarios for the most realistic BA (Breathing Apparatus) training
- Enhance the effectiveness and capabilities of your fire fighting teams, in their own working environment
- Test the efficacy of your emergency control and communication procedures
- Help ship operators comply with SOLAS / STCW - Training in a smoke filled environment with BA