The artisanal and small-scale gold mining (ASGM) is practiced in at least a dozen countries in Latin America. These industries are the largest source of anthropogenic mercury emissions which pollute the air, soil, and water and lead to severe problems with the human health. Therefore, mercury contamination has to be monitored and eliminated.
We present you a whitepaper which outlines:
- What is the largest source of mercury pollution
- How Minamata Convention influences Latin America
- Why the right instrument is essential to determine mercury
If you haven’t seen our webinars dedicated to mercury pollution problems, you can find them on our YouTube channel:
- Simple mercury analysis of complex samples: soil, oil, foodstuffs, and more
- Mercurio en mineria de oro (in Spanish and Portuguese)