ACS Group is a worldwide reference in the construction and services activities. A group taking part in the development of key sectors for the economy such as infrastructures and energy. A company committed to the social and economic progress of the countries in which it is present. The success of the Group`s performance is based on an efficient organization and a dynamic and entrepreneurial management, implemented through successive processes of mergers, takeovers and strategic plans committed to client’s satisfaction as well as to maximizing profitability for ACS shareholders.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Construction & Construction Materials
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The ACS Group began operating in 1983 when a group of engineers acquired Construcciones Padrós, a mid-sized construction company with financial problems located in Badalona (Catalonia). After restructuring this company, the same strategy was employed with the acquisition of OCISA, a prestigious construction company which was larger and had already been in operation for over 40 years.
At the end of the eighties, a diversification process was initiated through the acquisition of SEMI, a company specialised in the maintenance and installation of electricity lines. This process was continued with the purchase of a majority shareholding in Cobra, one of the most renowned companies in the sector of support services to electricity and telecommunications companies, and a market leader with over 80 years’ experience.
The first of the large company mergers took place in 1992 with the creation of OCP, which would be the seed for the Group structured as it is today. OCP became one of the leading construction company groups in Spain. A second large merger took place in 1997, with the creation of ACS as a result of OCP's merger with Auxini and Gines Navarro.
At the end of the nineties, the Group incorporated most of the companies forming its current services area; Onyx, a provider of environmental services; Imes, a company dedicated to public lighting services, integral maintenance and control services; and Vertresa, the largest waste treatment plant in Madrid.
The turn of the century started with the integration of the Dragados Group, which positioned the ACS Group as the indisputable leader in the Spanish market and as one the most important companies in the industry on the European continent.
In 2007, the ACS Group acquired a significant stake in Hochtief, a world leader in infrastructure development with a powerful presence in the USA, Central Europe, Australia and Southeast Asia. This operation is designed to provide a platform for the ACS Group to accelerate its international expansion.
During the last years the ACS Group has carried out a strong international expansion process in all its areas of activity, focussing on large-scale projects. This strategy, which is mainly focused on guaranteeing the ACS Group's competitiveness, investment capacity and growth in the future, has been boosting during 2011 through the acquisition of a majority share in Hochtief, which implies an important platform for international growth and with the objective of global leadership in the infrastructure sector. As well, this strategic decision allows increasing the competitive advantages and the profitability of all companies of the Group, as a result of important opportunities of commercial collaboration, operating efficiency and a strengthening of ACS Group financial structure.
The ACS Group is a world reference in the promotion, development, construction and management of infrastructures and services of all types. Its successful track record is based on:
- A corporate culture focused on satisfying the needs of the client, through an efficient organization and a dynamic, entrepreneur management team.
- Competitive advantages based on the high quality of its human resources, excellent technology and constant innovation in each project.
- A permanent effort to increase profitability for the shareholder.
A worldwide reference in the industry of infrastructure development, both civil and industrial engineering projects. A Group which participates in the development of sectors which are fundamental for the economy. A Company committed to economic and social progress in the countries where it is present.
Pursuing global leadership
- Positioning itself as one of the main players in all those sectors in which it takes part as a means of boosting its competitiveness, maximising value creation in relation to its clients and continuing to attract talent to the organisation.
- Meeting the needs of our clients by offering a diversified portfolio of products, innovating daily and selectively investing to increase the range of services and activities offered.
- Continuously improving quality, safety and reliability standards in the services offered in order to foster stability and to guarantee recurring income.
- Expanding the Group's current client base through a permanent commercial effort in new markets.
Optimising the profitability of the resources managed
- Increasing operating and financial efficiency and offering attractive profitability to our shareholders.
- Applying strict investment criteria in line with the company's strategy of expansion and growth.
- Maintaining a solid financial structure which facilitates the raising of resources and the maintenance of a low cost thereof.
Promoting sustainable growth
- Helping the economy to grow by creating stable, respectable and fairly-remunerated employment.
- Improving the society in which we live by helping to grow the economy, generating wealth through the ACS Group’s own activities, thereby guaranteeing the well-being of citizens.
- Respecting the economic, social and environmental backdrop, innovating in the establishment of company procedures and respecting in each of the activities carried out by the Group, the recommendations of the main domestic and international institutions.
All ACS Group activities show a determined customer orientation, with a contracting culture and as a guarantee for future, building solid long-term relationships based on trust and mutual knowledge.
The flexible and decentralized Group structure promotes the responsibility and entrepreneurship of the employees, being a basic tool for maximising profitability and encouraging the excellence necessary to offer the best services and products to the customers.
The ACS Group maintains an unavoidable commitment to sustainable development, in order to serve society in an efficient and ethically responsible manner through its capacity to create value for shareholders and all stakeholders, demanding the maximum integrity standards from its employees and collaborators.
These values, which have formed part of the Group's culture since its foundation, have created the main competitive advantages which are the cornerstone of its past and future growth.
Technical engineering capabilities
- Specialization in Infrastructure development
- Large projects management
- Development, Construction and Operation of Concessions
- Integrated value chain: Engineering, development and maintenance contracts
- Energy turnkey projects
- Investment capacity: energy concession, high-voltage lines, desalinization plants.
- Client Knowledge
- Global clients
- Efficient management of resources
- Constant growth and profitability targets
- Investment Opportunities