Advanced American Construction, Inc. is a full-service general contractor. We provide heavy civil/marine, industrial and diving services in and around the water throughout the western United States for public and private clients. Over the past 30 years we have built valuable, positive relationships – with our employees, our clients, our subcontractors and suppliers and many other significant colleagues in the communities in which we live and work.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Construction & Construction Materials
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Advanced American Construction, Inc.(AAC) provides full-service, general contractor services for heavy, civil, marine construction in and around the water throughout the western United States. Originally located in Oregon City, Oregon, AAC has been providing marine construction, diving, and industrial services since 1983. On May 8, 2006, AAC opened its new headquarters in Portland, Oregon, consolidating its operations on the west bank of the Willamette River under the historic St. John's Bridge.
AAC, Inc. was originally created in 2003 as a parent company to Advanced American Diving Service, Inc. (AADS) of Oregon City, Oregon, and M. Cutter Company (MCC) of Vancouver , Washington. The name, Advanced American Construction, Inc. (AAC), more accurately described the broad range of marine construction, diving and industrial services the companies performed. In December 2005, the companies merged and adopted the name Advanced American Construction, Inc.
Advanced American Diving Service, Inc. (AADS) was founded in 1983, by Konrad Schweiger and Kent Cochran, as a commercial diving business in Oregon City, Oregon. AADS celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2003 and was recognized by its public and private sector clients for excellent performance in commercial diving and marine construction.
AADS bought the M. Cutter Company in 1999. MCC, located in Vancouver, Washington, provided quality emergency machinery & equipment repairs for both industrial and marine clients, including paper and steel mills and grain elevators in the Northwest since 1986. These companies continued to do business collaboratively until they formally merged into AAC in 2005. Kent Cochran retired from the Company in 1999, and Konrad Schweiger passed away in 2002. (See 'In Memoriam' and 'Bell' stories)
The owners of Advanced American Construction, Inc. are Dee Burch PE, Mike Johns, Grayson Hart, Tim Nelson, Jake Duyck, Kainan Bodenlos PE, and Kyle Izatt. The owners and staff at Advanced American Construction, Inc. look forward to working with our clients, suppliers, vendors and friends on award-winning, quality, marine construction, industrial services, and diving projects of all sizes.
In May 2006, Advanced American Construction (AAC) opened its new headquarters located in Portland, Oregon, consolidating its operations on the west bank of the Willamette River under the historic St. John’s Bridge. The new site and facility provides the right location, space and state-of-the-art equipment to optimally serve clients.
- More than seven acres of land underneath the historic St. John's Bridge
- 1,300 lf of frontage on the west side of the Willamette River
- Approved for future rail spur on the Portland and Western line
- Two high docks
- Boat ramp
- The site is above the 100-year flood plain
- Concrete tilt-up construction
- The building is 42,700 SF overall
- The two-story office consists of 10,540 SF
- Equipment Repair Shop/Storage is 10,150 SF with 26 ft ceilings and six 12 ft x 14 ft drive-in service doors
- Our 14,180 SF machine shop & steel fabrication area consists of two 25 ft x 21 ft entry doors with drive-through capability, as well as, two overhead, 15-ton bridge cranes each with a 55 ft span
- The facility consists of a covered storage area that is 8,930 SF, boasts 26 ft to 30 ft clearance for equipment maintenance and storage