Aerocoustics Engineering Limited
Aeroucoustics Engineering Limited had dedicated itself to providing high quality consulting services in the sciences and engineering of acoustics, environmental noise and vibration control. Since its inception in 1971, Aerocoustics has continued to develop in-house expertise in virtually all fields related to these disciplines. Related endeavors by the company extend from joint ventures, to project management of major noise and vibration control programs, to leading edge acoustical design work, including CAD drawings and specifications.
Since Aercoustics’ inception in 1971, we have become Canada’s premier engineering firm in acoustic design, noise control and vibration control. And increasingly well known around the world: in the United States, Central America, Europe, Australia, China and the Middle East.
From orchestra pits to gravel pits
- There’s sound you want to cultivate – like the clarity of a string quartet.
- There’s noise you have to control – imagine the continuous roar of a power plant.
- There’s vibration you have to mitigate – such as the rumble of a subway running under your condo. These are the possibilities and problems that the engineers at Aercoustics thrive on.
Indoors or outdoors, overhead or underground, aesthetic or industrial, our passion is finding effective, efficient ways to engineer rooms, equipment and work sites to solve acoustic, noise and vibration problems.
if a tool doesn’t exist, we’ll create it
if our experience can help, we’ll share it
The knowledge base in the field of acoustics, noise and vibration has grown at a remarkable rate over the past few decades. And as important as it is to keep up with developments, it’s even more rewarding (and fun) to drive that growth.
As we work with our clients to refine designs and solve problems, opportunities arise to create new technologies and try out new methods. It’s a win for our client, a reward for us, and a benefit to the profession.
Here are just some of the innovations we have contributed to:
- one of the world’s first outdoor active noise cancellation systems, for a power cogeneration plant, which won us a Canadian Consulting Engineers’ Award in 1995
- techniques for analyzing an acoustic phenomenon known as ‘image shift’ not only helped us solve the problem at the Orpheum Theatre in Vancouver, it earned us another CCE Award in 1996
- the ‘Renaissance’ small scale acoustic modeling system, for theatre design and restoration, landed the 2007 Schreyer Award – the highest kudo for Canadian engineers
- specialized equipment for sonically inspecting pipelines and locating water main leaks led to the launch of a new company, Echologics
- one of the first to develop a custom system and methodology to successfully conduct wind farm noise audits