As the premier manufacturer of high capacity shredding systems, Allegheny provides everything you need for secure destruction of documents, plastics, products, or e-scrap. Allegheny offers superior equipment – shredders, cross-shredding systems, security grinders, balers, conveyors, tippers, and auto-feed systems – backed by excellent service and support. We’ll custom design your system and provide expert consulting from collecting to processing to recycling for profit. Allegheny’s total solution is the key to your success in this exciting growth industry!
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Recycling Systems
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
As the premier manufacturer of high capacity shredding systems and the industry leader for over 40 years, Allegheny can provide you EVERYTHING – from expert consulting to superior equipment backed by the best service and support in the industry. From collecting to processing to recycling for profit, Allegheny guarantees a total solution!
Allegheny designs, engineers and manufactures its equipment to withstand the most demanding applications. We use only the highest quality materials to ensure that our shredders, grinders, balers, etc. are the most reliable and long-lasting in the industry. The result? A truly enviable record of reliability: 94% of all Allegheny equipment bought 12 years ago is still on the job today!
- 100% American made, offered to you at factory prices
- Built by skilled craftsmen utilizing state-of-the-art computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM)
- Highest capacity throughput, from 500 lbs/hr. to 25 tons/hr.
- Solid steel cutters and combers, virtually indestructible and resistant to damage and wear
- All covers, frames, base assemblies, spur/drive gears, shafts, end plates, etc. manufactured from the highest quality American-made steel
- Heavy-duty drive trains using Dodge-Reliance shaft-mounted and base-mounted gear reducers
- Designed for ease of maintenance and servicing to avoid costly downtime
- Unique safety features to ensure operator safety awareness
- Backed by the Strongest Warranty in the Industry and a 10-Year Guaranteed Trade-in Policy
“Allegheny overbuilds its equipment. It’s solidly built and extremely durable. Manufacturers typically overestimate what their equipment can do – but Allegheny’s equipment does exactly what it promises, and often over-performs.”
All Allegheny equipment is American-made, manufactured at our factory in Delmont, Pennsylvania. This allows us to sell our products without import or export charges. We sell at factory prices, ensuring that you receive maximum value on your investment.
Your biggest savings, however, derives from the quality of our equipment. Ask any of our customers: Allegheny equipment is built to perform, year in and year out, without troublesome breakdowns and costly repairs.
We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective solutions to our customers’ shredding needs – from collecting to processing to recycling shredded materials for a profit.
We service clients all over the globe, many of them Fortune 1000 companies. (Please go to our Information Center by Clicking Here to see our list of satisfied customers and review case histories/testimonials.)
Our commitment is to share our significant industry knowledge and provide whatever our clients need to ensure their success. For example, our technicians specialize in custom designing complete destruction systems to best serve our customers’ particular requirements and to maximize their profits.
Allegheny’s relationship with customers goes beyond manufacturing and providing products. In our daily efforts to provide the most responsive service and support in the industry, our sales representatives and technicians are very accessible and quick to act on any need that might arise. The result has been very satisfying – we’ve established relationships with customers that are as long-lasting as our equipment!
All of this – superior equipment, outstanding service and support, attractive pricing, and excellent warranties -– characterizes the “Allegheny Way of Doing Business.” It’s something you can build your future around, as so many of our customers have.
And that’s not all…Should you ever need warranty service, Allegheny will have an authorized service technician come to your place of business at no cost to you!
Allegheny's story begins over 40 years ago, when John Wagner began building a shredder to out-perform the 7.5 Hp. paper shredder that was the most powerful at that time. In 1971, he introduced the first high capacity shredder in the industry - a 15 Hp. - paving the way for increasingly powerful machines that led up to Allegheny's current 300 Hp. model. From those earliest days, Allegheny Shredders has been the icon of the shredding industry, widely acknowledged as the world leader in information destruction.
As the originator of high capacity paper shredders and shredding systems, Mr. Wagner has been instrumental in virtually every major development in the industry. His contributions include the revolutionary Auto-Feed System™, Allegheny's high impact resistant T-18 tool steel cutters, and the industry's first truly high-performance, complete destruction system - offering a capacity of over 25 tons per hour. Allegheny's achievements:
- The first high capacity paper shredder
- The original Saw-tooth Cutter – aggressively pulls material into the cutting assembly, making the shredder much more productive
- The Indestructible T-18 Cutter – made of the highest impact-resistant tool steel, designed by John Wagner and expert metallurgists and milled only for Allegheny; withstands the heaviest shock loads and most abusive applications, essentially eliminating cutter breakage
- The first Automatic Feeding System for high volume shredding systems – allowing 1 operator to do the work of 2 or 3, reducing expensive labor costs
- Complete Shredding Systems – capable of destroying up to 25 tons of paper per hour
- Cross-Shredding Systems that utilize a two-stage shredding process (pre-shredder plus main shredder) to produce much smaller, more secure shredded output than conventional strip-cut shredding
- Off-Loading System for Mobile Trucks – above-ground, two-conveyor system connected to a baler, allowing you to capture valuable recycling profits in one operation
- Fast-Tip package for our HLS Tipper allows high-speed ‘dump and run’ of documents, saving valuable work time
Tens of thousands of customers worldwide, including the majority of the Fortune 1000, are enjoying the benefits of Allegheny's superior equipment and affordable prices. Allegheny is the only company manufacturing an entire line of destruction equipment - High Capacity Shredders, Cross-Shredding Systems, Security Grinders, Product, Plastics and E-scrap Shredders, Horizontal Balers, and Complete Shredding Systems. In addition to the precision, 100% American-made equipment, Allegheny offers expert consulting, from collecting to processing to recycling for a profit.
A division of Allegheny Shredders — Allegheny Records Destruction - has been providing secure document and product destruction for southwest Pennsylvania since 1989. The facility is equipped with one of Allegheny's state-of-the-art high capacity shredding systems.
The 'Allegheny WayT of doing business has been a major factor in the company's success these 40 years. The dedicated and knowledgeable employees, many of whom have been with Allegheny for over 15 years, are committed to providing and then exceeding satisfaction for their customers. Allegheny's expert technicians and consultants offer the best service and support in the industry, building relationships with customers that are as solid and long lasting as their superior equipment!
Visitors are welcome at the corporate factory in Delmont, Pennsylvania, where they can experience firsthand the rich history and strong commitment that motivate Allegheny's employees to remain the 'industry experts.' As the shredding industry moves into an exciting new growth phase, you can be sure Allegheny Shredders will be at the forefront.