Our division is one of the largest (> 1800 members) within the AIChE, which is the leading professional society for chemical engineers in the U.S.
What is ChemAlliance.org?
ChemAlliance.org is an online information resource that seeks to be the U.S. chemical industry’s one-stop location for Federal regulations impacting the industry.
ChemAlliance.org is owned and operated by the Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Office of Compliance and Battelle.
In 1996, EPA’s Office of Compliance and Battelle entered into a cooperative agreement to develop and support a web-based compliance assistance center for the chemical industry. Through this partnership, Battelle created ChemAlliance.org to improve the environmental performance of the chemical industry and allied industries by providing timely, concise, and actionable information about environmental management and regulatory compliance.
In 2009, SOCMA acquired ChemAlliance.org and strives to continue and build upon the successful efforts founded by EPA and Battelle.
ChemAlliance.org’s most popular features include:
- Virtual Plant Tour – a 21-stop tour of a typical chemical plant to help you find regulatory information, pollution prevention case studies, and good management practices. More than 450 case studies are available, all drawn from actual chemical plants.
- Regulatory Puzzle – a description of Federal regulations, summarizing their requirements in layman’s terms with specific citations to their Code of Federal Regulations location.
- Ask SOCMA – a new feature to ChemAlliance.org, this tool allows users to ask SOCMA’s professional Government Relations staff a question about regulations.
- News & Events – a collection of informative chemical industry-related news and events relevant for the compliance manager at chemical plants.
- Topical Articles – a collection of issue-specific articles on specific regulations, compliance tips, best practice, or other industry-relevant topic.
Who Should Be a ChemAlliance.org User?
ChemAlliance.org is designed to benefit:
- Company compliance managers
- Regulators & policy decision-makers
- Trade association government relations staff, and
- Technical assistance providers