ANEAS (National Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities)
ANEAS is an association that groups the Mexican Water Operators Partnerships; its fundamental objective is to support the increase of the efficiency level in providing services as well as their professional level and autonomy. It was founded as EAS in April 3rd, 1992, as an outcome of the first meeting of Drinking Water and Sanitation Organisations, held in Cancun, Quintana Roo, whose main goal was to analyze the Water and Sanitation problematic. It was renamed as ANEAS (National Association of Water and Sanitation Utilities).
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
ANOAPA (National Association of Drinking Water and Sanitation Organisations) established EAS (Water Sanitation Utilities of Mexico) to promote changes in the national WOPs management, encouraging their transformation from governmental entities to actual utilities and private companies.
ANEAS is composed by WOPs in the main cities of Mexico; private companies and authorities involved in the sector; all of them contribute and share knowledge and experiences to accomplish both collective and individual objectives.
Promote and contribute to operational, technical, administrative, legal and financial support from government agencies, concession or mixed providers of water services, sanitation and wastewater treatment, to reach optimal parameters of financial efficiency, operational and sustainable development through the management and representation of the issues that impact them to the three tiers of government and links with organizations and national institutions related to foreign and international public, private and social.
Establish itself as the umbrella organization for the efficiency ratios for the provision of water services, sanitation and wastewater treatment and become the benchmark in the technical, financial and legal at the national.
- Bring together and to represent state and municipal water and sanitation utilities/companies, in order to define common problems and determine strategies for their solution, acting as speaker of and for the members.
- Constitute itself as a liaison amongst utilities and the different governmental levels; also serve as a management resource for the several institutions and authorities involved in the sector.
- Motivate legislative authorities to favour the appropriate operation systems regulatory frame and the public policies design which allow the development of organisations as productive utilities.
- Disseminate among its members the most outstanding experiences and aspects of the water sector.
- Promote the technical enhancement, administrative and educational level of workers, professionals and directors of utilities.
- organisations in order to achieve their autonomy.
- Contribute to promoting the Water Culture in the Country.