Applied Geophysics Consultancy LLC
Applied Geophysics Consultancy LLC (AGC) is a professional, one-stop service for near-surface geophysics and applied geosciences consultation.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater Consulting and Engineering
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- less than $1,000,000 US
AGC is not a source for conducting geophysical or geotechnical field surveying programs, but will plan field programs and recommend reputable geophysical companies.
In general the types of practice of AGC can be summarized as:
- R&D planning, proposal preparation and review;
- geophysical/geotechnical scope of work reviews;
- field testing program planning and reviews; guidance on data analysis;
- report reviews and recommendations;
- customized in-house training;
- QA/QC program development and review;
- troubleshooting and forensics;
- expert witness and testimony.
The Owner of AGC is Dwain K. Butler. Dr. Butler has a PhD in geophysics,a 44 year career in geophysics research, development and applications,and is a Registered Professional Geologist. His career included 30 years with the US Army Corps of Engineers; he retired as a Senior Research Geophysicist in 2002 and was the Principal National Technical Expert, Environmental and Hydrogeology. Dr. Butler was then employed as a Senior Principal Scientist by Alion Science and Technology Corp. for 7 years. He formed AGC in 2009.