Applied Materials, Inc.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future. To serve our global customer base, Applied Materials has offices and other facilities located in Canada, China, various countries in Europe, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and the United States.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Solar Power
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We are the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials operates in four reportable segments: Silicon, Display, Energy and Environmental Solutions and Applied Global Services.
Applied is a global leader in innovative equipment for the manufacture of advanced semiconductors
- Applied equipment is a mainstay for key processes in virtually every advanced semiconductor factory
- Leading position in majority of advanced chip processes
Applied delivers world-class TFT-LCD equipment and services
- Extending core equipment technology into new mobility segments
- The equipment we build uses scale to help make flat panel TVs more than 20% larger each year without price increases
Energy and Environmental Solutions
Applied is the number one PV equipment provider
- Applied powers the c-Si roadmap by driving down the cost per watt for solar energy and balance of systems
- We help accelerate global PV adoption by delivering cost-effective solutions to improve productivity and increase cell effciency
Helping customers lower costs, improve equipment and fab performance and maximize return on assets
- Provides semiconductor, display and solar customers with solutions that maximize output and efficiency
- Largest supplier of software for automating semiconductor, display and solar factories
Financial information on Applied Materials is updated on a quarterly basis.
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Market Cap*: $12.8 billion
- Fiscal 2012 Revenue: $8.7 billion
- Fiscal 2012 R&D: $1.2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 92 locations in 19 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States
- Employees**: ~14,500 worldwide
- Patents: ~10,225 issued
Applied Materials is the number one equipment supplier to the semiconductor, liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) and solar PV industries.
We achieved this leadership by focusing on three core competencies:
1. Thin film engineering Thin films are used to create electronic structures as small as 1/2,000th the width of a human hair. These films are formed, deposited, shaped and measured by patented Applied Materials processes and tools that provide near-atomic levels of precision and control.
2. Commercializing sophisticated systems Applied creates sophisticated manufacturing systems for ultra-high volume manufacturing and efficiency that drive down the cost of electronic devices.
3. Global reach Applied has the intellectual capital, financial resources and capability to help customers integrate and manufacture advanced technology around the world.