Aqua Sciences, Inc.
Aqua Sciences, Inc. established to develop and bring to market innovative water technologies, including proprietary atmospheric water capture and purifications systems. Unlike other technologies such as refrigerant dehumidification-based systems that do not work in low humidity conditions, Aqua Sciences` revolutionary technology extracts water from the atmosphere virtually anywhere that human beings live. Our breakthrough technology has been independently tested and has been proven to consistently produce excellent water quality. Our team of outstanding engineers brings nearly two decades of water extraction experience to the company. Aqua Sciences, Inc. is poised to transform the water industry while making a positive humanitarian impact on the world`s capability to deal with crisis situations on an emergency or long-term basis. Its success will be measured not merely by the company`s profitability, but by its continuing contribution to the world`s safety, health, and quality of life.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
Aqua Sciences, Inc. is a Delaware corporation headquartered in Florida, established to develop and bring to market innovative water technologies, including proprietary atmospheric water capture and purifications systems.
Unlike other technologies such as refrigerant dehumidification-based systems that do not work in low humidity conditions, Aqua Sciences' revolutionary technology extracts water from the atmosphere virtually anywhere that human beings live.
Our breakthrough technology has been independently tested and has been proven to consistently produce excellent water quality. Our team of outstanding engineers brings nearly two decades of water extraction experience to the company.
Aqua Sciences, Inc. is poised to transform the water industry while making a positive humanitarian impact on the world's capability to deal with crisis situations on an emergency or long-term basis.
Its success will be measured not merely by the company's profitability, but by its continuing contribution to the world's safety, health, and quality of life.
Water is critical to sustain life.
Our Mission is to provide life-sustaining drinking water to people in environments where there is not a readily available source. We have developed a revolutionary and practical scientific breakthrough that literally taps into our atmosphere as an 'alternative source' of fresh drinking water.
We are introducing our line of products which produce significant amounts of 'off the grid' water for disaster preparedness/relief, military and humanitarian applications.
Aqua Sciences™ draws water from naturally present moisture in the air to deliver potable water in its purest state.
We tap into the largest undeveloped source of fresh water in the world - our atmosphere.
Our environmentally friendly technology makes water readily and inexpensively available in its purest form even when and where there is no operating infrastructure.
Aqua Sciences™ was formed to bring its unique, life-saving and life-enhancing atmospheric water extraction and purification systems to the marketplace.
THE NEED: Urgent and acute shortages of drinking water. Water is the most important element to support life. Without it, we can only function a few days and can survive only about a week. Water is mission-critical especially in the following situations:
2. Contaminated Water Systems
3. Acute Drinking Water Needs, e.g. Drought
4. Military Applications
5. Drinking Water for Mass Market Applications
THE AQUA SCIENCES SOLUTION: Self-Contained Mobile Plants that Make Water from Air Virtually Anywhere
Florida-based Aqua Sciences, Inc. was formed to bring a product to market that literally extracts vast amounts of water from the atmosphere and outputs drinking water. Our patented water extraction technology was developed over 15 years and with more than $25 million invested in research, development and production.
Aqua Sciences’ flagship product is the Emergency Water Station (EWS). The 40 foot model produces up to 2,600 gallons of water per day (depending on local atmospheric conditions). Specially designed for transport by air, sea or land in an International Standards Organization (ISO) marine container, the Aqua Sciences EWS is powered by self-contained electrical generators or external power. It is a compelling first and ongoing response solution for areas with damaged or no infrastructure throughout the world.
- Excellent Water Quality: Meets and exceeds US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), World Health Organization and US Military specifications.
- Significant Water Quantity: Provides drinking water for up to 5,200 people per day. (Per FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), a normally active person needs 0.5 to 1 gallon per day for drinking.)
- Proven: Successfully deployed in the largest natural disaster in the history of the Western Hemisphere in early 2010 by a US Southern Command mission and saved lives at the University Hospital in Port Au Prince. Consistently made water and met customer needs during a 37-day desert test at a 100-person oil rig in the Middle East in the summer of 2010. Aqua Sciences has won highly competitive procurements issued by the US Army and FEMA.
- Cost-effective: Highly competitive in cost and more economical than existing solutions in areas of need.
- Fully “Off the Grid”: Does not require outside water or power to generate drinking water. Since the machine extracts only water molecules from the air, it eliminates the need for complex and high-maintenance filtration systems such as Reverse Osmosis Purification (ROWPU). It is ideal for areas with contaminated groundwater.
- Works in Virtually Any Environment, even in Desert Conditions: Aqua Sciences systems are NOT conventional refrigerant dehumidification (CRD) systems that condense water by cooling ambient air to the dew point and that are not suitable for low humidity conditions.
- Scalable: Aqua Sciences systems can be built for daily water needs of less than a hundred people to several thousand.
Our atmosphere provides an enormous untapped water source
- 1.2 billion people lack access to clean drinking water (UN).
- By 2025 that number will more than double to 2.8 billion (UN).
- Annual deaths from diseases caused by poor drinking water and sanitation: 10 million.
- Water supplies are increasingly pressured by pollution, the shift to water-intensive agriculture, and aquifer depletion.
- 2.6 billion people in the world do not have access to adequate sanitation. This is almost two fifths of the world's population. (WHO/UNICEF)
- 1.4 million children die every year as a result of diseases caused by unclean water and poor sanitation. This amounts to around 4,000 deaths a day or one every 20 seconds. (WHO)
- The lack of safe water and sanitation costs sub-Saharan Africa around 5% of its Gross Domestic Product each year. (UNDP)