ARTIMPEX N.V. was established in 1978 and is the inventor and manufacturer of CRYONOMIC® Equipment. The export of Dry Ice Blasting Equipment started in 1993. Because the company name was confusing, ARTIMPEX N.V. decided to register and use the brand name CRYONOMIC® to export her products. When ARTIMPEX N.V. began developing the CRYONOMIC® technology it set out to produce dry ice cleaning systems and additional products that would surpass all competitive products on the market. Today, we have attained a unique position in the world market with our technology and technical expertise. ARTIMPEX is renowned for in-house development and supplying customers with quality performance equipment at a competitive price. Our distributors and agents are experienced professionals who are able to advise customers (both manufacturers and service providers) on our products and assist them with after sales service.
Dry Ice Cleaning is a blasting technique similar to sand blasting, but makes use of solid CO2 or dry ice pellets. On impact the pellets vaporize to carbon dioxide gas and increase in volume by a factor of 700. Due to this expansion the contaminant is lifted and separated from the base material.
The advantage of using dry ice pellets as blasting material is twofold (see animation):
1. The very low temperature of the dry ice pellets (-78°C or -109°F) causes the contamination to freeze and contract resulting in the easy detachment of the contaminant from the substrate.
2. The dry ice pellets vaporize to carbon dioxide gas on impact, which means that only the original contaminant is left for disposal. This natural evaporation of dry ice pellets is a major advantage of the dry ice cleaning method.
Animated explanation of the required equipment:
The main advantages are:
- Generates up-time: substantially reducing downtime by eliminating the need to strip down and reassemble machinery parts.
- Eliminates the need for detergents or chemicals to degrease.
- Is non-abrasive compared to sand and grit blasting or cleaning with brushes.
- Environmentally friendly: the removal of stubborn contaminated layers without generating waste (the dry ice simply disappears)
- Compact and versatile: the cleaning equipment can be taken to the large object to be cleaned, not the other way round.
- Dry Ice Cleaning can be used anywhere where water, sand or other cleaning products are not allowed: Dry Ice Blasting is a suitable technique for use on electrical machines and in the food industry.
Dry ice pellets turn 100% to gas on impact, which means that only the original contaminant is left for disposal. This natural evaporation of dry ice pellets is a major advantage of the dry ice cleaning method.