Asbestos Testing and Consultancy Association (ATaC)
The Asbestos Testing and Consultancy Association (ATaC) is the leading trade association in the UK for the asbestos testing and consulting services sector. ATaC has represented the interests of asbestos testing and consultancy specialists for over 16 years, and is committed to providing the best support, representation and training for members. The Association has gained credibility with HSE, Government, local authorities, and all those concerned with the asbestos services industry. Members are seen as the specialists in asbestos surveying and analysis, and recognised for their professionalism and quality of work. Therefore, clients know when they choose ATaC members they are selecting from the very best in the industry. ATaC members have over 160 offices so ensuring that competent and suitably qualified staff are available across the UK.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Hazardous Substances
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
We are dedicated to promoting professionalism and safety throughout the asbestos testing and consultancy industry. As the UK’s leading association representing the interests of asbestos surveyors and asbestos analysts, we provide qualifications, guidance, and support for our members. When seeking a UKAS accredited specialist to survey for hazardous asbestos material and test after its safe removal … look to ATaC.
- To give the best service and support to assist our members and customers in providing safe, effective and ethical management of asbestos, thereby safeguarding the public.
- To drive professionalism forward throughout the industry by:
- Recognising and valuing effective leadership and management
- Providing a platform to promote our members
- Becoming the single most sought after resource for advice relating to asbestos management
- Providing safeguards for our members, their clients and ultimately the public, by providing timely and effective communication relating to the management of asbestos
ARCA and ATaC members have supported many charities such as; Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust, Havens Hospice, Sick Childrens Trust, Mesothelioma UK and Alzheimer’s Society; by raising funds through donations and social events. Thank you to all who have taken part, as over the last few years over £80,000 has been raised for charity.
This year members are supporting:
- Mesothelioma UK - a national resource dedicated to supporting people with this asbestos cancer, providing specialist Mesothelioma information, support & improved care and treatment.
- Indee Rose Trust - helps children, and their families, who have been diagnosed with a brain or spinal tumour, by providing support such as, bespoke treasure boxes full of treats and holiday accommodation for the children and their families.
New this year is a Charity Week
We hope members will support this initiative in some way, as all participation is fantastic and all donations count.
There are some fund raising events already planned as a few members have signed up to some tough challenges and we have social events happening too.
We can all make a difference to those suffering with an asbestos related cancer and to children with a life limiting tumor.