Ashland has been almost a century in the making. Throughout our evolution from oil company to diversified chemicals conglomerate, to a global specialty chemicals company, we’ve advanced by becoming ever more capable of adding unique value to customer products. Ashland’s journey has been marked by significant milestones the acquisitions of influential companies and chemistries, our spread across over 100 countries, the creation of an extraordinary management team, and most recently, Ashland’s separation from Valvoline and re-launch as a pure global specialty chemistry company. Today, we are a pure, specialty chemicals company with a singular focus on making our customers more successful and the world a better place.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Fine Chemicals
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
- more than 1,000,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We strongly believe in the value produced by relationships, those created by our specialty chemicals and those that grow between one person and another. This is central to the difference we deliver. No matter the market or the country, we’re passionate about the possibilities created through good chemistry for the benefit of our customers, our communities and, ultimately, our planet.
This passion shows up in everything we touch: stronger and safer building materials made with polyester and vinyl ester resins; specialty coatings for food packaging that provide superior protection and preservation; biocides that enable more efficient and sustainable manufacturing; automotive lubricants and fluids that make vehicles perform better; wind turbine blades that get their shear strength from our structural acrylic adhesive, and even in environmentally friendly thickeners for paints that brighten homes the world over. Ultimately, it’s not just one but all of these great things, combined with great working relationships, that enable us to grow our customers’ businesses and our own.
Our Vision: What we seek to become
Our vision is to be viewed as the best specialty chemical company in the world.
Our Mission: Why we are here
We satisfy our customers by delivering results through quality chemical products and services. Our desire to grow drives our passion to win in the marketplace. With a unified, low-cost operating structure, we’ll remain competitive across every business and in every geographic region.
Our Values: Who we are
- We act with integrity and honesty.
- We focus on customer and shareholder success and compete to win.
- We recognize each person for the difference he or she makes.
- We drive innovation and results by understanding the market and its opportunities.
- We are committed to the values of responsibility, sustainability and transparency.
- We create safe and health-conscious work environments, require compliance and embrace environmental stewardship.
Our Operating Principles: How we work
- We operate in compliance with the law and adhere to high ethical standards.
- We assess the impact on customers and society when making decisions.
- We are externally focused. Our businesses are defined by markets.
- We are process-centered. Our processes are designed to optimize global performance.
- Ashland leaders are first responsible to Ashland and second to a business, resource group or process.
- We are led by an Executive Committee that enforces our principles, sets our strategy and manages our capital.
- We are united by our common vision, mission, values and operating principles.