The American Hospital Association (AHA) is the national organization that represents and serves all types of hospitals, health care networks, and their patients and communities. Nearly 5,000 hospitals, health care systems, networks, other providers of care and 43,000 individual members come together to form the AHA. Through our representation and advocacy activities, AHA ensures that members` perspectives and needs are heard and addressed in national health policy development, legislative and regulatory debates, and judicial matters. Our advocacy efforts include the legislative and executive branches and include the legislative and regulatory arenas. Founded in 1898, the AHA provides education for health care leaders and is a source of information on health care issues and trends.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Health Care
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
To be the global authority on caring for the healthcare environment.
To ensure all healthcare environments contribute to quality outcomes and healthy communities.
- Integrity- We value honesty as we work together with members, partners, vendors, and other key stakeholders
- Leadership- We lead our industry through people, knowledge, and professionalism.
- Collaboration- We value working with others.
- Diversity- We value diversity of thought, staff, operations, members, products and services.
- Courage- We have the courage to stand up, even when we stand alone.
Prevention. Education. Standards. Management.
The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) of the American Hospital Association is the professional organization of choice for directors and managers caring for the patient and resident care environment across all care settings, including hospitals, long term care, continuing care retirement communities and ambulatory care. AHE represents, defines, and advances the professionals responsible for care of the patient environment to ensure quality patient outcomes and healthy communities.
AHE continuously scans the health care environment to remain relevant and timely and to deliver unprecedented value to its members. By providing the education, tools and resources, members are the “tip of the sword” in service their organizations. AHE members serve with integrity, quality and innovation.
As part of its strategy, AHE identified 3 major stakeholder groups: AHE has given 'voice' to its stakeholders and everything we do is in response to theor 'voice'
Members “Support my professional development - and that of my staff - and promote our knowledge and skill”
Healthcare Facilities “Help us provide our patients, residents, staff, providers, visitors, and volunteers with clean and sustainable environments in an efficient way”
Suppliers “Help us understand the needs of our customers and provide access to decision-makers”
The main areas of focus in response to stakeholders are Prevention, Education, Standards and Management. To that end, AHE's service deliverables center on a clear strategic roadmap to:
Shape Professional Practice
Develop and Promote the Profession
Foster Connections and Alliances
AHE Shapes Professional Practice by advocating professional best practices in the field through peer developed practice guidance, the development of cognitive and behavioral competencies for staff in the areas of healthcare environmental sanitation and infection prevention; and promoting the Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP). Whether it’s presenting information and opportunities through the website and E-news communications or providing members the opportunity to receive scholarships to earn the CHESP credential, being an AHE member grants elite access and privileges for professionals caring for the healthcare environment not found elsewhere.
AHE also Develops and Promotes the Profession by fostering the growth and development of the next generation, identifies and supports viable career paths, provides cutting edge professional development opportunities based on best and evolving practices in addition to promoting the significance of the profession in the eyes of clinicians and health care executives. AHE recommended practice, online education, advanced and in depth case studies as well as providing members with the tools needed to do the job on a daily basis is pushes AHE forward as a premier resource. AHE is an evidence based and data driven organization and encourages members to present valid, accurate and solid facts to their executive team when negotiating on behalf of their departments.
Fostering Connections and Alliances is the final piece of the AHE “strategic roadmap”. By enabling networking and info-sharing across the field and providing multiple access points throughout the healthcare environment, AHE is a sought after and valued partner by companies providing services and goods to healthcare organizations. Relationships and synergies between AHE and industry have increased dramatically through collaborative efforts with manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, affiliates and other associations. AHE current and future relationships with industry media outlets, advocacy groups, and corporate sponsors continue to feed AHE’ thriving business development and positive shaping of the profession.
Who is AHE?
The only organization dedicated to healthcare environmental sanitation across multiple care settings:
- Apprx. 2,000 members, representing
- Over 1,500 healthcare facilities
AHE membership has total purchasing power that grosses over $5 billion
Benefits of Collaborating with AHE
- Access to the Right People
-Other business partners
-Manufacturing and Distribution
-AHE executives: Board and staff
-Subsidiary of the American Hospital Association
- Become and active player in influencing future of healthcare industry
–AHE appointed liaison to a voting board position on the AHE national board
Value Added Benefits
- Targeted marketing opportunities
- Annual Conference and Healthcare Marketplace
- Chapter conferences
- Targeted electronic and direct mail pieces
- Discounted Publications and Recommended Practices for distribution to customers
- Knowledge Management & Exchange
- Active attendance and participation in conference educational sessions
- Access to AHE survey results and market research data
- Web based information library
ENGAGE courses, webinars, recordings and publications are designed to equip you with the latest content and trends in the field, and to help you take your departments, facilities and careers to new heights.
- Benchmarks and other Metrics for Effective Linen Management
- EVS Departments of the Year: Winning Stories
- The Efficacy of Disinfectants and Detergents in Environmental Cleaning
- EVS Metrics and Math (Stuff You Need to Know)
- Cleaning in the OR (Two-Part Series)
- Is Doing Less with Less an Option?
- Using Evidence to Guide Infection Prevention and Environmental Cleaning Practice
- You Had Me at Hello: Recruitment Strategies for an Engaged EVS Staff
- NEW FOR 2014 - Employee Engagement: Going the Extra Mile
- NEW FOR 2014 - Healthcare Initiatives Promoting Sustainability in EVS
- Foundations for Success in Environmental Services Management
- Lean Management System
- CHESP Study Group
- Integrated Pest Management
- Ultimate Scores for the Ultimate Experience: How Improving Patient Satisfaction Will Improve HCAHPS
- Principles of Effective Linen Management
- Essentials of Infection Prevention and Environmental Hygiene
EXCHANGE is an annual educational event attended by approximately 900 professionals with an interest in caring for healthcare environments. The conference brings together environmental services, infection prevention, facilities, textile, design and many other healthcare professionals to learn from and share with each other, make valuable business connections and lead change in the field of environmental services, which includes surface disinfection, environmental hygiene and infection prevention.
For more information about this year's conference visit: www.ahe.org/exchange
Join or Renew Your Membership Today!
Click a member type to join or renew your membership online
Notice: If you join with the wrong member type you will be moved into the correct member type. If you are an Associate Member (ASC) and you join as a Professional Active Member (PAM), then you will be required to pay the additional $50 or your membership will be cancelled.
Professional Active Member (PAM) - $150/year
Individuals employed in or by healthcare-related facilities. Possible, but not limited to, qualifying job titles below:
- Director of Environmental Services, Transportation, Linens or Facilities Management
- Director of Support Services
- Manager of Environmental Service, Transportation, Linens or Facilities Management
- Supervisor of Environmental Service, Transportation, Linens or Facilities Management
- Housekeeping Team Lead or Housekeeper
Associate Membership (ASC) - $200/year
Individuals that provide professional, technical, and consulting services, sell products or services to AHE Professional Active Members, or those who are not employed by a healthcare facility. Possible, but not limited to, qualifying positions below:
- Marketing and Sales Representatives
- Private cleaning companies that provides services to healthcare facilities.
More Ways to Join or Renew:
- Online: Select the appropriate AHE membership type above
- Fax: Send an AHE membership application form with credit card information to our secure fax (312) 422-3609. Allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Mail: Send AHE Membership Application Form and check to: AHE, P.O. BOX 75315, Chicago, IL 60675-5315 3-4 weeks for processing
- Call: Member Services at (312) 422-2765
AHE Member Benefits (depending on your category above amount: $150 or $200) include:
- 9 FREE Webinars and 9 FREE Online Courses
- Monthly AHE E-News
- Discount on EXCHANGE Registration
- Discounts on Publications
- Access to the AHE Listserv
- EXPLORE Quarterly Magazine (Print & Electronic)
- Access to AHE Member Directory
- Free Subscription: Health Facilities Management magazine
- Access to the Annual EVS Salary Survey Results