Association of Postconsumer Plastics Recyclers (APR)
The Association of Plastic Recyclers is the national trade association representing companies who acquire, reprocess and sell the output of more than 90 percent of the post-consumer plastic processing capacity in North America. Its membership includes independent recycling companies of all sizes, processing numerous resins. APR strongly advocates the recycling of all post-consumer plastic packaging. APR promotes development of the plastics recycling industry by providing leadership for long-term industry growth and vitality.
APR strives to expand the postconsumer plastics recycling industry through a cooperative effort aimed at identifying and eliminating barriers to successful commercial recycling by:
- Developing protocols for the design of packaging for greater recyclability.
- Improving the quality of postconsumer plastics entering the system.
- Fostering a strong interface with end-user markets.
- Promoting a cooperative testing program for new packaging.
- Encouraging design for recyclability with guidelines and programs.
- Using awards to recognize packages designed to be recycling-compatible and to recognize products made from recycled plastic material.
- Educating key audiences including state and local recycling officials, MRF operators, legislators, as well as the general plastic recycling industry.