Atlas Incinerators ApS
After more than 45 years in the business of producing high quality, 3 chamber incinerators, we are proud to say we are the number 1 choice for Ship Owners and Power Plant operators, who know our reputation from first-hand experience, for making one of the most reliable and operationally cost efficient incinerators on the market. Our design and engineering team have always focused on easy to operate designs, so the typical maintenance headaches incinerators often have with items like filters and exhaust fans do not exist on our incinerators. Our incinerators are also the most environmentally friendly designed marine incinerators, thanks to our unique three chamber design. The ATLAS Incinerators product line has been on the market since 1974 and more than 9000 units have been installed world-wide within the Marine and Offshore Industry, and for Land Applications such as Power Plants, Hospitals, Airports, and as Transportable Containerized Incinerators for various purposes.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
ATLAS Incinerators’ have modern production facilities in Denmark and China as well as a Licensee manufacturer in Korea. At all three facilities incinerators are built to the same high standards and quality that our customers expect when buying an Atlas. Our incinerators are thoroughly tested before shipment, to ensure smooth operation from day one.
The ATLAS Incinerators product line has been on the market since 1974 and more than 9000 units have been installed world-wide within the Marine and Offshore Industry, and for Land Applications such as Power Plants, Hospitals, Airports, and as Transportable Containerized Incinerators for various purposes.
We are sometimes asked: ”why incinerate?” Here are some good reasons why we recommend incineration:
- It is widely accepted that incineration is the most environmentally friendly way to dispose of garbage and sludge oil. DNV recognise this with their “Clean Ship” notation which requires an incinerator to be installed.
- Worldwide there are a lack of Port Reception Facilities for sludge oil and waste.
- Discharging sludge oil and garbage to shore is often very expensive. In some developing countries a small amount of money is sometimes paid for the sludge oil, but there is an environmental impact when using sludge oil as fuel.
- Chief engineers and crew are no longer tempted to illegally dispose of solid waste over the side, or sludge oil via a “magic pipe”, risking the Captain’s or their own imprisonment as well as huge fines for the Owner.
- Storage of garbage is not without its problems, often requiring sorting of garbage, and resulting in nasty odours with drain water or cold storage thereafter. Space for storing the garbage will be significant over a long voyage, even if compacting is done. An incinerator reduces the solid waste to about 5% volume, leaving just sterile ashes remaining.
- Permission to discharge waste of any type often requires 24 hours advanced notice to the port authorities and can in some instances require the vessel to move to another berth - never a cheap operation, with harbour pilots and tugs needing to be ordered an extra time.
If you are still undecided we invite you to contact us for incinerator prices (new build or retrofit) to compare with your current costs for garbage and sludge oil disposal.
Atlas Incinerators have been examined and tested in accordance with IMO’s Resolution MEPC. 76 (40) adopted on September 25, 1997 & MEPC 244 (66) adopted on 4th April 2014, and in accordance to the Guidelines for the Implementation of Annex V of MARPOL 73/78, as well as fulfilling MARPOL Annex VI.
Atlas Incinerators can deliver to standards required by all recognised classification societies.
Our products have:
- MED (EC Type-Examination Certificate incl. IMO requirements issued by DNV)
- USCG Approval
and are type approved by:
Since the start of our business in 1974, we have met standards required by:
- Lloyds Register of Shipping
- Croatian Register of Shipping
- See - Berufsgenossenschaft
- and many other agencies