Delivering integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risk at every step of the value chain. A top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, Baker Hughes delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs. Collaboration is the foundation on which we build our business. We listen to our clients to understand their unique challenges and then develop solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost overall return on investment throughout the life of an oil or gas asset. Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Oil, Gas & Refineries
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
- more than $1,000,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Our history of technology innovation is a cornerstone of our success. Local teams are supported by global centers of excellence where scientists push the boundaries of value-adding technology to find solutions for progressively more complex technical challenges.
At dedicated innovation centers, scientists conduct applied and game-changing critical research. We collaborate with customers to jointly develop technology for specific industry needs at regional technology centers. Engineers and scientists at our product centers work on next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals.
At Baker Hughes, we are looking forward to the next 100 years of working side by side with our customers to continue expanding the limits of oil, gas and alternative energy drilling, completion and production through innovation problem solving.
The Baker Hughes Core Values are the basis for establishing a common culture for the company. Our Core Values are: Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, Learning, and Courage.
We believe integrity is the foundation of our individual and corporate actions that drives an organization of which we are proud.
- We are a responsible corporate citizen committed to the health and safety of people, protection of the environment, and compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies
- We are honest, trustworthy, respectful, and ethical in our actions
- We honor our commitments
- We are accountable for our actions, successes, and failures
We believe teamwork leverages our individual strengths.
- We are committed to common goals
- We expect everyone to actively participate on the Baker Hughes team
- We openly communicate up, down, and across the organization
- We value the diversity of our workforce
- We willingly share our resources
We believe performance excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- We focus on what is important
- We establish and communicate clear expectations
- We relentlessly pursue success
- We strive for flawless execution
- We work hard, celebrate our successes, and learn from our failures
- We continuously look for new ways to improve our products, services, and processes
We believe a learning environment is the way to achieve the full potential of each individual and the company.
- We expect development throughout each individual’s career by a combination of individual and company commitment
- We learn from sharing past decisions and actions, both good and bad, to continuously improve performance
- We improve by benchmarking and adopting best practices
We believe courage empowers us to lead boldly and act decisively.
- We stand for what is right and support others who do so
- We imagine and pursue new possibilities for our future
- We take ownership of challenges, even those that appear insurmountable
- We embrace change, both collectively and individually
Ground-breaking inventions that revolutionized the petroleum industry
For more than a century, innovation has been part of our DNA. Baker Hughes was formed in 1987 with the merger of Baker International and Hughes Tool Company - both founded over 100 years ago when R.C. Baker and Howard Hughes conceived ground-breaking inventions that revolutionized the fledging petroleum era. Since those earliest advancements, we’ve never stopped searching for solutions to conquer the next frontier.
In 1907, Reuben C. Baker developed a casing shoe that modernized cable tool drilling. In 1909, Howard R. Hughes, Sr. introduced the first roller cutter bit that dramatically improved the rotary drilling process. Over the ensuing eight decades, Baker International and Hughes Tool Company continued to lead the industry with innovative products in well completions, drilling tools and related services.
During its history, Baker Hughes has acquired and integrated numerous oilfield pioneers including: Brown Oil Tools, CTC, EDECO, and Elder Oil Tools (completions); Milchem and Newpark (drilling fluids); EXLOG (mud logging); Eastman Christensen and Drilex (directional drilling and diamond drill bits); Teleco (measurement while drilling); Tri-State and Wilson (fishing tools and services); Centrilift (artificial lift); Aquaness, Chemlink and Petrolite (specialty chemicals); Western Atlas (seismic exploration, well logging); BJ Services (pressure pumping).
Today, our nine geomarket management teams work to understand customer needs and coordinate delivery of individual products or comprehensive service solutions that include the right Baker Hughes technologies for the project. The Baker Hughes geomarkets are North America – North, North America – South, North Sea, Europe/Russia Caspian, Asia Pacific, Saudi Arabia, Middle East, Africa and Latin America.