Baker Manufacturing Co, LLC - Water Systems Division
Baker Manufacturing Company, LLC, located in Evansville, WI and founded in 1873, consists of three divisions: the Baker Casting Division which pours gray and ductile iron castings, the Haight Pump Division which produces gear pumps, and the Baker Water Systems Division which produces products for residential, municipal/industrial, and environmental use. Baker Manufacturing Company, LLC acquired Campbell Manufacturing in 2008.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Founded in 1873 in Evansville WI with the idea to build a steam engine. It did not take long to realize this would not be profitable for the company and they decided to build a machine shop and foundry to do some repair work. In 1874 they began manufacturing windmills under the Monitor name. This was the start of what would become a long list of innovative products for the water industry. By 1926 they were selling their windmills worldwide. The company managed to develop new products and sustain the great depression. World War 2 brought new challenges and opportunities to the company as they were called upon to develop some new items that could be used by the department of defense. In 1953 Baker developed the pitless unit that was designed to product “Better Farming and Better Living.” Over the years the company continued to develop more products for the residential water industry and produce castings. In 1977 the Company purchased Haight Pump out of Milwaukee which moved to the Evansville Location in 1981. In 2008 Baker purchased Campbell Manufacturing which was a compliment to its Monitor Water Well Division and that is how the company stands today.
- Water Systems Council
- National Groundwater Association
- American Foundry Society
- Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year in 1996 & 1998
- Water Systems Division
- Haight Pumps
- Hot Oil
- Industrial OEM
- Power Generation and Chemical Processing
- Custom Castings
- Heavy Equipment
- Engines & Electric Motors
- Industrial Equipment
- Baker Manufacturing as an onsite engineering department which has a staff of 6
- Test lab
- Rapid prototype machine
- In-house – new product development team
- Industry partnerships – NGWA, Water Systems Council, Milwaukee Water Council, National Rural Water Association, and various State Rural and Water Well Associations.
- University partnerships – IUCRC/UW Milwaukee & University of Marquette