Baltimore Aircoil Company
Baltimore Aircoil is a global leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing evaporative or hybrid cooling and ice thermal storage products. We meet clients’ specific cooling needs with high performance and environmental awareness with a product and solution for each market and need. Ever since our founding in 1938, Baltimore Aircoil has continued investing to develop new technologies and plants worldwide alongside a highly qualified local sales network.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
From a small business founded in Baltimore in 1938 by John Engalitcheff, Jr., the Baltimore Aircoil Company (BAC) has now become a multinational enterprise. A Russian immigrant, Engalitcheff pioneered cooling system technology in every sense, aware of the promise of the emerging air-conditioning and refrigeration industries.
Healthy sales of centrifugal-fan evaporative condensers saw the company grew steadily. The BAC line-up later incorporated cooling towers and industrial fluid coolers in the 1950s and 60s, and started expanding overseas.
In 1968, the first full BAC manufacturing plant in Belgium was rapidly followed by a global manufacturing and sales network, with an expanded range and new plants opening all over the world.
In 1985 BAC became an Amsted Industries subsidiary. Amsted manufactures various industrial products for construction, building, railroads, and general industry.
Inspired by innovation
Today, more than two thousand people reflect John Engalitcheff’s innovation in designing, producing and marketing a range of in-house evaporative and adiabatic cooling towers, coolers, condensers, and thermal storage systems unrivalled elsewhere. From small commercial buildings and district energy plants to full-size utility power stations – they cover the whole range.
A global partner with local support
BAC today has manufacturing plants in the United States, Belgium, Italy, Australia, South-Africa, China, Brazil and Japan. It also boasts a network of expert sales representatives and experienced technical staff who work alongside customers for guaranteed project success.
Whether before, during or after product installation, BAC proudly offers on-site assistance and spare parts for units up to 20 years old. BAC is always and everywhere your reliable business partner.
Our Vision guides and inspires our business and sets out goals for continued sustainable, quality growth.
The BAC vision is:
To be the leading provider of products and services for heat transfer and thermal storage in all our markets.
Our Culture is what we demand of ourselves to realize our Vision. All BAC employees will contribute and commit to:
- Embracing Change: Supporting and promoting change by implementing BAC's Vision and Strategy, and proactively boosting results. Earning growth and profit, standing out from the rest and innovating. Maintaining a healthy hunger for improvement.
- Partnering, Teamwork, and Leadership: Communicating, two-way feedback, mutual respect, promoting and practicing teamwork and partnership, encouraging, directing, empowering, and leading.
- Customer Focus: Each person remaining responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction and meeting commitments.
- Personal Accountability: Remaining highly motivated and competitive, results-driven, setting and meeting challenging goals, improve skills, be ethical and honest, keep promises, and act with a sense of urgency.