Boréalis first came to be over 15 years ago while founder Patrick Grégoire was working on a pipeline project in Africa and noticed a gap between operations and management, especially for social and environmental impact management. At the dawn of IT and in the early years of mainstream Corporate Social Responsibility, it seemed like a natural thing to combine the two to bring a software solution. After Boréalis’ official launch in 2004 and through close work with our clients in the field ever since, we noticed that it was not only possible to mitigate impacts of projects: we could turn them into positive impacts on communities, local economies, and the environment. Boréalis is active on all 5 continents and counts numerous local partners around the world.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
To this day Boréalis still offers a unique combination of CSR expertise and cutting-edge technology. Our product development team stays on top of new trends and technologies to keep the Boréalis Application sharp, efficient, user-friendly and fast to deploy.
WHAT WE DO
We build software that help companies manage the data generated by their stakeholder engagement activities in a unified multi-user database. Users can access from any web browser up-to-date information in real-time, no matter where they are. We built a powerful Analytics tool, which enables you to extract very specific information against precise indicators and criteria. There’s also the integration of GIS & mapping that allows you to geo-localize assets, individuals and events, giving you a spatial understanding of a project’s issues. In a nutshell, the Boréalis Application gives meaning to your data.
Our expertise isn’t limited to stakeholder engagement: we’re also experts in data management for land acquisition, socio-economic contributions, local content, governance, compliance and environmental/social impact assessment.
Here are some reasons why our clients choose Boréalis:
- Put your engagement plan into action
- Quicker land acquisition
- Meet lenders requirements
- Comply with international best practices (IFC, ISO 26000, Equator Principles, GRI)
- Demonstrate compliance and be ready for audit
- Gain and maintain social license to operate
- Align, monitor and report processes on multiple sites
- Identify and centralize important stakeholders
- Reduce time reporting
- Rely on accurate information
- Optimize your social performance/community relations team’s activities