BPE deliver Chemical/Bio-Chemical Process Engineering Design and/or Process Safety resources and expertise. We work across a wide range of Sectors including Renewable Energy. BPE is an innovative consultancy, providing an engineering design and project management service to the European pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries. As a team of highly skilled, experienced and flexible engineers, our specialist services complement and enhance our client’s in-house resources. We are a well established, technically accomplished consultancy with a proven track record, delivering optimum project solutions for new or modified processes, on schedule and within budget.
Our blue-chip clients appreciate our experience, flexibility, commitment and our ability to integrate into their own organisations.
We actively seek a close working relationship, built on confidence, trust and respect, to maximise the effectiveness of our service.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the necessary skill base to ensure business objectives are met with minimum risk and maximum benefit.
BPE are based near Winchester, Hampshire, UK.
Select from the links to the left to view the Services we offer and a selection of Case Studies that may be of interest.
BPE was formed in 1997 as an independent consultancy serving the pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries. Since that time it has grown year on year, its success is based upon strong partnerships with clients in the UK and Europe.
We offer all the multi-discipline engineering skills that are necessary in the execution of projects. But in addition to this, the company prides itself on problem solving capabilities which offers Clients an extra dimension in concept and detailed design. We take away problems and bring back solutions.
The company is well established and technically accomplished with a proven track record delivering optimum solutions for new or modified processes, on schedule and within budget. Our clients appreciate our experience, flexibility, commitment and ability to seamlessly work within their organisations.
The policy is to recruit chartered engineers, or else engineers working towards such status, and a climate of continuous education keeps them abreast of industry developments and initiatives.
BPE’s Directors are practising engineers with a track record of successfully delivered projects. A director sponsors every project undertaken, overseeing the BPE team, providing client contact at senior level until successful completion of the project.
- Mike Brown Managing Director BSc, CEng, FIChemE
- Martin Denly Systems Director CEng, FInstMC
- Bill Warbey Process Director BSc, CEng, FIChemE
- Adrian La Porta Technology Director CEng, MIChemE
- John Gordelier Operations Director CEng, BSc, MCIBSE
BPE offers a full range of project and consulting services.
- Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemical Synthesis, Chemical Separation and Purification
- Bioprocess Engineering Design
- Specialized Utility Systems (such as WFI, clean steam, CIP, SIP, DI)
- Facility Process Automation and Advanced Process Controls
- Secondary Manufacturing and Product Packaging (injectables, tableting, and
- other dosage forms)
- Fine Chemical Processes
- Commissioning and Validation Services
- Barrier Isolation and/or Containment Technologies
- Start-up, Operations, Maintenance, and Training
- Business Enterprise Consulting and Asset Management
- Pharmaceuticals including API, pilot plants and secondary
- Speciality & Fine Chemicals
- Food & Drink
Conception – scheme feasibility and option appraisal, finance, regulatory compliance consulting,
technology transfer, module technologies, and facilities integration.
Design - Module technologies, process automation, detailed engineering, estimating, and procurement.
Project Management – Control of activities, risk management, project planning, financial control and
Construction - planning, construction management, safety programs.
Regulatory Compliance, Commissioning, and Validation - Validation master planning, qualification, protocol development and execution, process validation, computer system validation/process automation, commissioning planning and execution.