British Pest Control Association (BPCA)
BPCA is the UK`s trade association representing organisations with a professional interest in the eradication and management of public health pests. We`re a not-for-profit organisation acting in the interests of our members and on behalf of the pest management industry in the UK. British Pest Control Association (BPCA) is the UK`s trade association for pest management. We provide support and a voice within the sector to over 700 member companies and 3,000 affiliates.
What is BPCA's role?
The provision of pest control services to a professional standard can be an area which is overlooked, yet the economics of inadequate pest control can be catastrophic. BPCA places great importance on promoting the highest standards of professionalism within the industry. All organisations joining the Association have to prove their competence before their membership is accepted.
It is the role of the Association to highlight the risks of inadequate control, to offer guidance in what to look for when searching for a pest control contractor, and finally how to draw up pest control contracts to help you select an appropriate pest control professional.
Why should I use a BPCA member?
By choosing a BPCA member you are ensuring the use of a contractor who can provide a professional and consistent service. Using our find a pest controller search option you can search for a professional pest controller in your area and you can also find a full listing of all those organisations who are members of BPCA
Aims of the British Pest Control Association
- Ensure the provision of a legislative environment conducive to the profitable operation of member companies' businesses
- Represent the interests and opinions of the UK public health pest control industry to Government, other key decision makers, the general public and associated industries
- Represent a responsible industry committed to the control of public health pests, minimising risk to the general public, non-target animals and the environment
- Encourage high standards of professionalism within the industry
- Explain the role of the industry in today's society and its benefits to the community
Membership of BPCA
BPCA membership is open to organisations involved in any aspect of professional pest control. However, before being able to join the BPCA as a member, the business must initially be able to meet, and then maintain, the rigorous criteria set for membership.
Our focus is:
- Ensure our Members are ready to face the challenges of a regulated industry in whatever form that takes
- Establish a broad suite of training for our sector, enabling everyone to continuously develop and carry out their work professionally
- Create and maintain a governance structure capable of delivering the strategy for the benefit of the membership
- Executing a proactive campaign to raise the profile of BPCA globally, maintaining our position as the leading voice in pest management
- Engage the whole supply chain, increasing the number of specifiers insisting on BPCA membership
- Educate key influencers on the value of the pest management sector
- Enhance financial security for the future by driving growth across a diverse range of sustainable income streams
- Develop BPCA's membership structure and offer, to attract and retain world-class members.