Cambium is a specialist business consultancy based in the UK and launched in 2008, which helps technology and services businesses to accelerate their sales. We achieve this by helping them to capitalise upon the new market opportunities being created as companies take action to ensure their operations and business models are sustainable. Using a combination of research, consultancy in combination with sales and marketing training, we enable our clients to grow their revenues in the major new markets for sustainable innovations.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Cambium is a unique specialist business consultancy based in the UK and launched in 2008. We use a combination of research, consultancy and training, to help technology businesses with IT and Clean Technology innovations to accelerate their sales and capitalise on the opportunities as business seek to become more sustainable in their operations.
Cambium was founded upon two core beliefs:
- New ideas and technologies are essential to enable any business to become more sustainable.
- Sales and marketing functions are a powerful force that can play an essential role in enabling the transition to a more sustainable world.
The team behind Cambium are all scientists by training from the fields of cybernetics, chemical engineering, environmental science, nuclear engineering psychology and sustainability. We have a strong background in research, problem-solving, energy and collaborating with others to deliver success.
What makes Cambium different is that as scientists and engineers, the principals are also pragmatic with deep knowledge and broad experience of successful B2B sales and marketing execution. We use this experience and perspective to help our clients maximise their opportunity in this rapidly growing and important market.
Working Towards Green Accreditation - Investors in the Environment LogoCambium is based at the Eco-Innovation Centre in Peterborough, which is an environmentally focused innovation hub. We use sustainable practices as much as possible: For example this website is hosted on one of the only zero carbon data centres in the UK (http://www.instahost.co.uk ). In addition we are in the process of working towards Green Accreditation from Investors in the Environment and hope to gain full certification later this year.
Global trends coupled with legislative changes in the UK mean that large organisations and are being forced to adopt new practices and innovations in order to ensure the long-term viability and success of their business.
This interest of UK businesses in becoming more sustainable is being driven by their desire to:
- Save money and to ensure continuing access to key resources, such as raw materials and to become more efficient.
- Meet the expectations of key stakeholders in relation to environmental and social policies.
- Comply with new policies and legislation in the UK. Non-compliance creates reputational and financial risks which in turn need management and mitigation.
- Capitalise upon the new market opportunities available from supplying new innovations and technologies to support the UK in moving to a sustainable economy.
This means that there is a huge new market opening up for companies with innovative products and services that address challenges in:Pictures showing the sort of industries that might benefit from sustainable innovations
- Sustainable Building Technologies
- Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Monitoring, Instrumentation and Analysis
- Financial Services
- Management and Reporting of CO2 and other Greenhouse Gases
- Information Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Procurement
- Waste Management
- Water Supply and Waste Water Treatment