Carboline Company is dedicated to supplying high performance coatings, linings and fireproofing products around the world through continuous technological improvements and first class service.
Our products and services are designed to satisfy our customers' needs by:
- Protecting assets from the effects of corrosion, erosion, abrasion, physical abuse, weather, fire, etc.
- Providing value through improved appearance, improved ease of cleaning and mitigation of product contamination
- Contributing to improved fabrication or to structural integrity
The Carboline Team is dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers by providing:
- Highly trained experts in problem solving
- Exceptional service on delivery
- Striving to be the 'easiest to do business with'
We offer our customers the most technically-sound products, the highest quality in manufacturing, superior customer services, and industry leading technical service.
Global Product Development and Manufacturing:
With one of the most advanced Global R&D facilities dedicated to the development of high performance coatings, Carboline is able to provide unique solutions for anywhere in the world. Combined this with over 20 manufacturing facilities around the globe, and Carboline is able to consistently produce and deliver high quality products to our customers worldwide. This flexibility allows us to supply and service the most comprehensive line of coatings and fireproofing materials of any supplier in the world. Regardless of your location, Carboline has the products you need to protect your assets. Wherever you are, Carboline products are there.
Carboline is a subsidiary of RPM International Inc. (NYSE: RPM) a multinational holding company with subsidiaries that manufacture and market high-performance coatings, sealants and specialty chemicals, primarily for maintenance, repair and improvement applications.
In 1947 Stanley Lopata developed a product to solve a problem for a single customer. Solving customer's problems is how we got our start and after more than 60 years, it's still our focus at Carboline.
Carboline is part of RPM International, a fortune 300 Company. We are a global supplier of coatings, linings, and fireproofing with offices and manufacturing worldwide. We have a strong commitment to the protective coatings industry.
Carboline takes an active role in professional organizations such as the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) and Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC). As an active member of the protective coatings industry, we sponsor educational programs such as scholarships and a professorship in corrosion engineering at the University of Akron. We are committed to progressing corrosion science for the future of the coatings industry.
Our goal is to meet your needs and expectations by recommending products that provide the right solutions. By doing this, Carboline has become the global standard of quality when it comes to high performance coatings, linings and fireproofing products.
Our unwavering focus on performance, broad industrial market experience, continuous investment in long-term product development and testing, and our ability to meet challenges anywhere in the world makes us a source of coatings knowledge customers find invaluable. Today is no different than when we started; solving customers' problems drives our approach to everything we do... that's Coatings Done Right.
Carboline is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company and our quality system is also compliant with the nuclear industry standards: 10CFR50, Appendix B and ASME NQA-1:1994. Carboline procedures and processes are audited both internally and by customers and external entities to ensure compliance with these standards. View ISO 9001:2008 Certificate
Carboline supplies coatings that meet or exceed the following standards:
- Applicable ANSI Standards for Nuclear Level I Containment
- AWWA Standards for Water Tanks
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61 for drinking water components
- Corps of Engineers Specs
- SSPC Paint Specifications
- Steel Tank Institute for buried tanks
- Federal and State regulations concerning volatile emissions
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- Most State Departments of Transportation (DOT)
- Numerous State/Regional Toll Authorities
- Factory Mutual (FM)
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
- ASME NQUA-1 (Nuclear)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Lloyd's Registry of Shipping (LRS)