Carbon Materials Division - Kuraray Co., LTD
Established as Chugoku Sangyo Co., Ltd., with JPY2 million of capital. In 1995 started in-house manufacture of activated carbon fiber cartridge filters. Maintaining a desirable environment with a clean water & air with use of advanced activated carbon technologies is our mission. We started our carbon business activities with `Ecology & Amenity` as a our business theme. As we make a progress in carbon surface optimization technologies, we are committed to the global environmental improvement and resource sustainability.
Contribution to clean water, air & green energy
We at Kuraray intend to contribute to the human health & welfare as well as environmental improvement and resource sustainability with the use of the high performance activated carbons.
- 1957 Capital increased to JPY30 million.
- 1965 Started production and sale of activated carbon.
- 1973 Renamed KURARAY CHEMICAL CO.,LTD.
- 1974 Capital increased to JPY90 million.
- 1975 Cenapro Chemical Corp. established in the Philippines for intensive production of activated carbon.
- 1976 Started designing, producing and selling activated carbon-related equipment.
- 1980 Started production and sale of activated carbon fiber products.
- 1982 Started production and sale of Nitrogen gas generator KURASEP™.
- 1989 Capital increased to JPY400 million.
- 1992 Started production and sale of high-performance, coal-based activated carbon. Capital increased to JPY600 million.
- 1996 Opened Tsurumi Research and Development Center.
- 1998 Started production and sale of activated carbon sheets and CAF business.
- 2004 Kuraray Chemical (Ningxia) Environmental Industry Co., Ltd. established in People’s Republic of China for manufacture of activated carbon.
- 2007 Started full-scale production of Fine activated carbon for EDLC
- 2008 Started sale of Fine powder activated carbon for water filter.
- 2012 Established Bio Hard Carbon Co., ltd., the joint-venture company for manufacture of LiB hard carbon anode material.
- 2014 Kuraray Co., Ltd. absorbed Bio Hard Carbon Co., ltd. and started LiB-related operations.
- 2017 Kuraray Co., Ltd. absorbed Kuraray Chemical Co., Ltd.