Carl Friedrich Usbeck KG
Usbeck is a privately owned company established in 1872 in Thuringia. 1950 the factory moved to Radevormwald. The main products of our manufacturing are Laboratory metalware, Laboratory burners, Stands and supports, Scaffolding made from zinc diecasting alloy, Special items on, customer’s demand, Lathe work.Within our aims and according to DIN EN ISO 9001 and our ecological responsibility we produce on state of the art machinery. By that we obtain conformity between raw material, ecological production and recycability of our products.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Safety for Laboratories
Usbeck laboratory burners have been tested DIN norm 30665 “burners for laboratories“. We are producing a standard- as well as the DIN type burner programme. The DIN type programme differs from the standard type, as follows:
- Needle valve and stop cock only enable a gasregulation between minimum and maximum position. The total stop of gas supply is impossible. By this the user is forced to stop laboratory burners by means of the specified central stop cock.
- Laboratory burners with adjustable pilot flame are not allowed.
- The basis equipment of both laboratory burner programmes includes corresponding to the DIN norm 30665 the application of safety needle valves or stop cocks, licensed washers and tube connectors.
Please check national certifications and approvals of the user’s environment, as local regulations must be consulted. Laboratory burners are not subject of the CE-Norm (2009/142/EG) and cannot be CE branded.
Due to the positive characteristics of zinc Usbeck decided in 1964 to change the basic material of all cast-/malleable iron products to zinc casting alloy. Zinc casting alloys are made from high purity zinc combined with small amounts of aluminium, magnesium and copper.
Our Hot Chamber Zinc Diecasting Process offers following advantages at a glance:
- high strength and hardness
- good ductility and excellent castability
- comparable or even superior to many other cast materials such as aluminium, magnesium, brass or cast iron.
- Near Net Shape zinc diecastings require a minimum of further processing stages
- negligible emissions to air, land and water
- much smaller energy consumption than comparable alternative manufacturing processes
- less energy from ore to ingot to finished product than most competing materials
- no toxic waste products
- well organized infrastructure is actively in place to recycle cast zinc alloy products
- Zinc is completely recyclable without any loss of its physical or chemical properties
- Zinc castings can be marked with the ISO recycling mark as featured in EN 12844 (logo) for easy alloy recognition and future recycling
- USBECK products conform to the requirements of Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 2002/95/EG