Cascade Asset Management
Cascade Asset Management (Cascade) was formed in 1999 to provide comprehensive information technology equipment retirement services for businesses, institutions and municipalities. The company now operates full scale processing facilities in Wisconsin and Indiana and collects between 200 - 400 tons of computers, office electronics, consumer electronics and test equipment each month from sites across North America.
Corporate Headquarters & Processing Facility - Cascade’s headquarters is in Madison, Wisconsin where it occupies a stand-alone 42,000 square foot facility with just over 25,000 square feet dedicated to processing activities (collection, consolidation, inventory, data wiping, media destruction, testing services, demanufacturing for recycling, and shredding.) The original building was constructed in 2005 with a 9,000 square foot addition added in 2007. The facility houses Cascade support and administrative operations, as well. The building is secure and was constructed with green design and construction materials featured throughout.
Indiana Processing Facility - Cascade’s Indianapolis facility, conveniently situated in the 'crossroads of America,' includes over 15,000 square feet of production and office space (used for collection, consolidation, inventory, data wiping, media destruction, testing services, demanufacturing for recycling, and shredding.) The facility is also a green building with high efficiency lighting, inert building materials, and natural landscaping. The building is secure with concrete walls, surveillance within and outside the building, access controls, and motion sensors.
Scope and Capabilities - Each location features hauling and logistics services, asset control and tracking, refurbishing and repair, demanufacturing of equipment for recycling, and secure media destruction through electronic scrubbing of hard drives and physical destruction by shredding and punching of two inch holes through the drives. Whatever cannot be reused is disassembled using an optimal mix of physical and mechanical demanufacturing techniques to separate out hazardous materials from recyclable components. Disassembled commodities are sent to appropriate markets and processors for final treatment, with no hazardous waste being shipped to developing countries.
Ownership - Cascade is a privately held company still owned and operated by the original founders. The company is a registered Minority Business Enterprise in the State of Wisconsin and through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. As a family run business with a deep commitment to creating long-term value for its clients, Cascade is well positioned to create and develop long term, mutually beneficial partnerships with its clients.
Growth and Future - Cascade has demonstrated significant growth since inception, and has been named to Inc. Magazine's list of the fastest growing private companies in America (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011). The company has a solid reputation, diversified customer base, talented and committed staff, and a commitment to being a leader in IT asset retirement in North America.
Company Legal Name: Cascade Asset Management, LLC
# of employees: 72
Date of Registration: April 20, 1999, State of Wisconsin
Cascade provides a comprehensive Self-Audit Packet with more details to customers upon request and other interested parties. Contact us for more information.
Cascade Asset Management, LLC provides the most secure, responsible and valuable IT asset disposition services available to businesses and institutions.
Our Values and Vision
In order to accomplish our vision, we endeavor to:
- Consistently meet each customer’s expectations by providing friendly, professional, prompt, and accurate service.
- Be recognized as an industry leader with best in class service.
- Establish strategic partnerships with vendors who meet our strict service, security and environmental quality standards.
- Integrate and promote environmental sustainability and social justice in all that we do, to ensure we leave the world better prepared for the needs of the future.
- Manage the operations of Cascade to optimize profits for ourselves and our clients while building the long-term value of the company.
- Transfer our expertise to additional markets across the country while maintaining our local focus and commitment to our values and vision.
Quality Policy Statement
Cascade recognizes that Quality is the key to our success and the foundation of our business.
Quality means understanding customer requirements, legal mandates, relevant industry programs, and internal standards and consistently meeting these demands. In order to perform at this level, we must implement simple, clear and consistent processes. We also must measure our performance to purposeful internal metrics, and ultimately to customer satisfaction.
We aim to always improve our systems and services by working together to solve problems, meet challenges, delight customers, and be proud of our work at Cascade.
Environmental Management System Policy Statement
Cascade fundamentally believes in the importance of environmental sustainability and social justice and promotes it through our business by:
- Optimizing the resource potential of electronic assets from the time they are retired by our customers until they reach their next best use;
- Preventing the exports of Hazardous Electronic Waste throughout the Recycling Chain which violate international laws, treaties, and agreements;
- Integrating social accountability values within our organization and through our partners, including the explicit prohibition of prison operations, child labor or forced labor used to perform any work related to Cascade ; and,
- Committing to continual improvement, prevention of pollution and compliance with applicable environmental regulatory requirements.
Security Policy Statement
Through our people, processes and technology, Cascade Asset Management is committed to ensuring the physical security and confidentiality of data for our customers and ourselves. Cascade will:
- Follow all applicable laws regarding data security and privacy protection;
- Design, implement and enforce security measures which meet industry best practices and any agreed upon requirements of our customers;
- Regularly assess, document, and mitigate risks to our customers and Cascade; and,
- Advance our culture of security among our staff, partners, customers and vendors.
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Cascade Asset Management is committed to provide a safe and healthful workplace that seeks to prevent injury and illness to all people impacted by our activities. Management will be actively involved with employees in establishing and maintaining an effective safety program. This entails providing safety and health education and training, as well as reviewing and updating workplace safety rules in compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices in the industry, and allocating sufficient resources to protect health and safety. Compliance with the safety rules is required of all employees, and the promotion of a safety culture at Cascade is a priority of the company.