Christensen Associates Inc (CAI)
Christensen Associates Inc. (CAI) is a specialty engineering firm serving clients who plan, develop and operate hydropower and water resources facilities. Our clients include Water Agencies, Irrigation Districts, Public Utilities, Electric Utility Companies, Independent Power Producers, Sureties and Financial Institutions. They are responsible for meeting growing public needs for reliable supplies of clean water and renewable energy in today`s complex regulatory and business environment. Successful strategic planning, development and operation of water resources assets requires vision, determination and a small core team with the right skill set for the project backed by year`s of practical experience.
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
We specialize in planning, permitting, development and operation of the following types of facilities:
- Watersheds and water reservoirs
- Dams, spillways, intakes, gates, and outlet works
- Tunnels, canals, penstocks and pipelines
- Hydroelectric power plants
- Flood control projects
- Pumped storage and water pumping plants
Planning, constructing and operating these projects in today’s regulatory and business environment is extremely challenging. Successful owners are skilled at handling the many technical, environmental, regulatory and financial challenges that come with the territory. Working closely with our clients we help them succeed by augmenting their skills and resources in the following areas:
- Project planning and management
- Water resources engineering
- Hydrology and hydraulics
- Site investigations and feasibility studies
- FERC licensing and relicensing
- Engineering design
- Dam safety and rehabilitation
- Construction management
- Operations and maintenance
CAI offers your organization the following benefits for your project team:
- State-of-the-art expertise in water resources and hydropower technology.
- Personal commitment and responsiveness of a small specialty firm.
- Best value – cost-effective project solutions and engineering support.