Cleantech Latvia is a non-govermental and non-profit organization connecting industrial companies and research and education institutions of Latvia. Cleantech Latvia aims to bring together industry players in order to strengthen and promote the development of biotech and clean tech industries and support bio-economy activities in Latvia. Committed to growing a vibrant cleantech industry and business community in Latvia by using regional strengths through innovation, research, new technology development and facilitation of international business opportunities.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Cleantech Latvia is a cluster of clean technologies, which brings together Latvian companies and research institutions to enhance the competitive advantages of each other, and the cluster as a whole.
Cleantech Latvia is currently active in Central Asia (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan) and Northwest Russia. In 2015 was started market research in Latin America, the Balkans, India and Iran.
The latest data shows that the company’s net profit per employee, that are members of CLEANTECH LATVIA, are higher than the average for companies outside the cluster. In addition, investment in research and development is about six times higher than from other companies.
Cleantech Latvia consists of two business units:
- “Clean Technology Cluster” (Cluster), which role is to identify new export markets and to promote Cluster partner’s services, products and expertise to target markets. For these purposes funding from a variety of financial instruments and organizations are actively attracted.
- “Latvian Biotechnology Association” (LBA), which promotes the development of Latvian biotechnology industry. LBA is also involved in bioeconomy issues promotion and solving, as it relates to biotechnologies and its applications.
- Expansion into new international markets
- Creation of new and innovative products
- International collaboration
- Improvement of competence and competitiveness
- Networking, communication.
Cleantech stands for diverse range of products, services, and processes that harness renewable materials and energy sources, dramatically reduce the use of natural resources, and cut or eliminate emissions and wastes.