Corix Group of Companies
Corix is a leader in the implementation of sustainable water, wastewater, and energy utility infrastructure solutions for small to medium-sized communities across North America. We are a privately held corporation principally owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC) with head offices located in Vancouver, BC, Wauwatosa, WI, and Northbrook, IL.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
Building a World of Sustainable Communities
Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private-sector customers.
Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility products and services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve.
We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.
A new way of thinking
Corix harnesses economies of scope and long-term partnerships to provide essential utility infrastructure, products and services at the local community level. Our target markets are the small to medium-sized North American communities whose unique needs are not addressed by the traditional economies of scale model. Corix's strategy is based on the belief that:
- The traditional approach of applying a standardized system of rates, products, or services across different customer groups, markets, cost structures, and regulatory jurisdictions increases regulatory and business risks.
- Treating all customers the same fails to meet the unique requirements of separate customers and communities such as residential developments, military bases, resorts, and university campuses.
- A multi-utility approach is the most cost-effective way to serve customers and communities where economies of scale are not achievable.
Our VisionBuilding a World of Sustainable Communities
Corix helps communities grow and thrive by building, supplying, and operating utility infrastructure. Our focus on sustainable, balanced growth challenges us to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers while delivering superior shareholder value.
Every day, Corix employees help our customers succeed by living our core values:
- Safety - Safety is our highest priority.
- Professionalism - We deliver quality products and services with a respectful, customer-focused attitude.
- Teamwork - We work with our customers and colleagues toward common goals.
- Integrity - We do the right thing.
- Performance - We create value for our customers, communities, employees, and shareholders.
- Sustainability - We help customers meet their environmental, economic, and social sustainability objectives.
Corix delivers safe, cost-effective, and sustainable water, wastewater, and energy utility infrastructure solutions to communities across North America. As an integrated provider of essential utility infrastructure, we can fulfill virtually any utility need, from financing, designing, building, and managing complete utility systems. This unique, integrated approach enables us to deliver our services with exceptional accountability, stability, and risk-management to our clients, while allowing them to save time and money.
Corix believes in supporting charitable and philanthropic organizations in the communities where we live and work.
Areas of Focus
Corix will consider providing donations and in-kind support to registered not-for-profit organizations, registered charities, and philanthropic endeavors in the following areas:
- Community - Opportunities which support the Corix brand and partnerships in the communities we serve
- Sustainability - Activities and education related to the environment, conservation, and sustainable energy technologies
- Youth - Initiatives focused on learning and critical thinking in, and the general aid of, children
Types of Support
In addition to considering making cash donations, Corix will consider granting donations in-kind as well as time volunteered by Corix employees. Additionally, Corix will consider sponsoring community initiatives and programs that help build relationships with corporate partners and customers.
Corix does not support the following programs, activities, organizations, and events:
- Individual applicants or pursuits
- Religious affiliated groups or activities
- Political candidates/parties, partisan causes, or lobbying activities
- Labor organizations
- Talent or beauty contests
- Programs designed to reduce debt or past operating deficits