Corix is a leader in the implementation of sustainable water, wastewater, and energy utility infrastructure solutions for small to medium-sized communities across North America. We are a privately held corporation principally owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC) with head offices located in Vancouver, BC, Wauwatosa, WI, and Northbrook, IL.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
Commitment to community
Corix is a caring partner to the communities where we live and work, helping to build safe, long-term utility infrastructure solutions that improve service, cut costs, and increase efficiencies. We translate our values into action, employing local people and collaborating with organizations that share our people-first ideals.
With over 70 years of experience, and a team of more than 2,000 highly skilled people, Corix has the in-house expertise to address any utility challenge. Strong, long-term relationships with top suppliers extend our knowledge base, and ensure the quality of our work is never compromised.
Unlike traditional utility companies, Corix has the breadth of capabilities and the operational flexibility to deliver creative, custom-tailored solutions to complex infrastructure challenges. We structure long term utility financing so clients can access the critical infrastructure they need, when they need it.
Commitment to sustainability
Corix is focused on delivering practical, real-world utility solutions that are socially, environmentally and financially sustainable.
Corix’s commitment to a safe workplace
Corix is committed to conducting its business in a safe and environmentally responsible manner by providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees in the workplace. In order to meet this commitment, Corix and its employees will:
- Work in a spirit of consultation and cooperation to promote positive attitudes toward health, safety and the environment
- Comply with all company policies and legislative requirements and require the same of our contractors
- Identify and manage risks to prevent or reduce possible adverse consequences from our operations and integrate appropriate protective measures
- Establish and maintain appropriate standards of maintenance of facilities and equipment, ensuring that physical and health hazards are guarded against or eliminated
- Train employees in safe job procedures and safe work practices and inform them of their role and responsibilities for the protection of health, safety and the environment
- When required, work with industry associations, government and other stakeholders to assist in establishing standards for health, safety and the environment
- Monitor health, safety and environment performance and strive for continuous improvement in health, safety and environment performance
Managers / Supervisors will:
- Ensure workers are properly trained to do their work safely
- Ensure that policies, safe work practices, safe job procedures and legislative requirements are followed
- Ensure all unsafe activities, conditions and/or hazards are corrected
- Be aware of and understand the Health, Safety and Environment Program
- Know and follow all health, safety and environment policies, rules, safe work practices, safe job procedures and applicable legislated regulations for the work being conducted
- Report any unsafe activities, conditions and/or hazards to their supervisor/manager
- Work safely and cooperatively toward the prevention of incidents
The Health, Safety and Environment Department will:
- Provide leadership within the organization in all aspects of health, safety and environment appropriate to the business and champion the development of a safety orientated culture within the company
- Assist all parts of the company in implementing effective health, safety and environment programs and measures
- Monitor and report any significant issues or concerns to the Health, Safety and Environment Committee or Executive Management Committee for action
Corix designs, supplies, builds, installs, finances, and operates local utility infrastructure on behalf of municipal, institutional, military, and private-sector customers.
Inspired by our vision to build a world of sustainable communities, Corix is recognized as a community-focused provider of the essential utility products and services necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the communities and customers we serve.
We differentiate ourselves from traditional utility service providers through our broad expertise in water, wastewater, and energy utilities and our ability to leverage that scope of expertise to structure tailored solutions that meet the requirements of small and medium-sized communities.
Corix harnesses economies of scope and long-term partnerships to provide essential utility infrastructure, products and services at the local community level. Our target markets are the small to medium-sized North American communities whose unique needs are not addressed by the traditional economies of scale model. Corix's strategy is based on the belief that:
- The traditional approach of applying a standardized system of rates, products, or services across different customer groups, markets, cost structures, and regulatory jurisdictions increases regulatory and business risks.
- Treating all customers the same fails to meet the unique requirements of separate customers and communities such as residential developments, military bases, resorts, and university campuses.
- A multi-utility approach is the most cost-effective way to serve customers and communities where economies of scale are not achievable.
Building a World of Sustainable Communities
Corix helps communities grow and thrive by building, supplying, and operating utility infrastructure. Our focus on sustainable, balanced growth challenges us to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers while delivering superior shareholder value.
Every day, Corix employees help our customers succeed by living our core values:
- Safety - Safety is our highest priority.
- Professionalism - We deliver quality products and services with a respectful, customer-focused attitude.
- Teamwork - We work with our customers and colleagues toward common goals.
- Integrity - We do the right thing.
- Performance - We create value for our customers, communities, employees, and shareholders.
- Sustainability - We help customers meet their environmental, economic, and social sustainability objectives.