Cowin Equipment Company Inc
Cowin Equipment Company is an equipment dealer specializing in heavy construction equipment for general contractors, mining/quarrying, industrial, forestry, and other industries. CEC is a full service distributor primarily covering Alabama, Georgia, Northwest Florida, and coastal Mississippi. CEC has facilities in Birmingham, Huntsville-Decatur, Montgomery, Mobile, and Oxford, Alabama, Atlanta, Georgia, and Pensacola, Florida. Cowin Equipment Company also has a very large and diverse rental fleet, and is recognized by RER magazine as one of the top 60 rental companies in North America.
Our Birmingham machinery service support team has the skills, training, facilities, tools, vehicles, and experience necessary to provide world class service to our customers. We invest heavily in the annual training of our technicians and fulfill the training requirements of all our major manufacturers.
Our Service Department:
- CEC machinery has more than 75 highly trained qualified technicians. We spend over $500,000 in factory training for our technicians each year.
- CEC has complete facilities for heavy machinery maintenance at all seven facilities.
- CEC has over 50 service trucks (on call 24 hours a day) and an extensive parts inventory at each location.
- CEC is on call 24 hours a day / 7 days per week.
- CEC’s Customer Satisfaction Survey questions conclude a customer satisfaction score of 94.5%.
- CEC is committed to participating in all of our machinery manufacturers training programs annually.
- CEC has fully trained technicians to offer good customer service support all of the product lines we represent. We pride ourselves in keeping all of our training current by meeting or exceeding all of our machinery manufacturers recommended service training.
- CEC has an Electrical Dept for all electrical component work including starters, alternators and tools. Cowin is an authorized re-builder of small specialized tools.
- CEC has a fully equipped Hose Shop with a complete line of Aeroquip hoses, fittings and adaptors. We can make hoses up to
6,000 psi – allowing hose replacement for most machines (whether represented by us or not).
- CEC commonly works on all types of machinery equipment, including brands that we don’t represent. We have completed full frame rebuilds of very large equipment including cranes, rotary drills, rigid haulers, wheel loaders, and specialty slab haulers for the steel and mining industries.
- CEC’s customer satisfaction is very high. This translates into people that care, and people from whom you can “Expect Extra Effort”. Our averages are:
- Service Mgmt = 29.1 Yrs
- Technicians = 17.3 Yrs
In the pursuit of this mission CEC is committed to providing our co-workers a safe and healthy workplace, with an atmosphere of 'fairness' that respects an individual's dignity, trust and loyalty.
The successful achievement of these pursuits will provide quality distribution for our contracted manufacturers, a worthwhile return for company stockholders, and meaningful profit sharing plan contributions for all co-workers. CEC is also committed to charitable and civic contributions and respect for our shared environment.