Crowcon Detection Instruments Ltd
Crowcon Detection Instruments Limited has a vision to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day as a globally respected company providing best in class gas safety solutions. Crowcon is part of the Process Safety sector of Halma plc, an international group committed to protecting life and improving quality of life for people worldwide.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
For almost 50 years, Crowcon has been developing and manufacturing high quality products with a reputation for reliability and technical innovation. The Crowcon range offers both fixed and portable gas detection equipment based on a solid foundation of expertise in mechanical, electronic and software design and an understanding of the core physics and chemistry of gas detection. Accreditation and certification are fundamental to our approach and we work closely with international bodies to ensure products are designed and built to meet the requirements of industry leading equipment certification and performance standards.
As well as our head office in Milton Park, Abingdon, UK; we have regional offices in The Netherlands, India, China, Singapore and the USA; supporting end customers and our network of channel partners. Products are made in Abingdon using Lean and Six-Sigma production principles, in our manufacturing facility. This facility is accredited to ISO 9001:2008 and BS EN ISO/IEC 80079-34:2011 as well as passing regular audits by international bodies such as LRQA, BASEEFA, UL and Lloyds Register.
- Supported by the global reach of its mature and dedicated distributor network, Crowcon has an enviable track record in the oil and gas industries. Read on to learn more about the applications, challenges and gas detection solutions typically seen in this demanding industry, or learn about how Crowcon recently helped Indian company Cairn Energy at their Mangala oil and gas processing facility.
- Once an archetypal example of manual production, the winery and brewery industries now incorporate sophisticated processes to ensure high quality levels and efficient output. In some cases traditional approaches have simply been scaled up or put under more stringent monitoring, whilst in others innovations such as nitrogen-pressurised canning have been introduced. However, whichever approach has been followed there is also a growing realisation of the gas hazards that are associated with both new and old ...
- Frequently regarded as a simple commodity, water is a vital element of day-to-day life, both for personal health and to industrial and commercial users. Over its 40 year history Crowcon is therefore proud to have provided a wide variety of water industry users with gas detection equipment.
- Regarded by many as providing the backbone to modern society, the steel industry is one which continues to evolve. Whether it is geographic shifts in demand or production, or challenges brought by energy or raw material costs, companies continue to develop their processes and facilities to meet them. Alongside these changes companies have also realised the requirement to minimise downtime due to unplanned maintenance and protect workers from exposure to toxic or flammable gas hazards.
- Air and Climate
- Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals
- Communications / Telecom / Datacom
- Construction & Construction Materials
- Electronics and Computers
- Energy - Conventional Energy
- Energy - Energy Monitoring and Testing
- Energy - Energy Utilities
- Food and Beverage
- Health and Safety
- Health and Safety - Health and Safety Monitoring and Testing