Specialising in equipment and expertise for Industrial Gas, LNG, Hydrocarbons and Clean energy, Cryostar is an international company serving customers worldwide. Cryostar is present on all continents, supported by its business centres and subsidiaries. Today we combine the resources and competencies of a local network with decentralised, customer facing teams with our management and research headquarters in France.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
Cryostar delivers pumps, turbines, compressors, heat exchangers, automatic filling stations, natural gas liquefaction/regasification plants and power plants to customers with the most demanding requirements. Cryostar’s innovative solutions have a proven track record of improving customers’ process performance.
The Linde Group
Cryostar is a member of The Linde Group, a global leader in industrial gases with 2009 sales of € 11.2 billion employing 48 000 people worldwide.
Cryostar is a recognised technology leader. Conscious of the importance of technology in industry, Cryostar has developed a structure dedicated to research and development. Thanks to its R&D team, Cryostar develops solutions adapted to customer needs, while constantly improving existing products.
Recent Cryostar innovations (2000 – 2009)
- Automatic CNG fuelling station for filling NGVs (natural gas vehicles)
- Development of a new range of MCP (modular centrifugal process) pumps
- Extension of our range of VP (vertical process) pumps for LOX – 130 bars and 12 stages
- VP pumps with dual gas seal for syngas applications
- VFD (variable frequency drive) driven trailer transfer pump range
- Development of new MRP (modular reciprocating pump) range
- Improvement of our seal technology (gas riding seal for pumps, floating carbon ring seal for boil-off gas compressors, dry gas seal for special applications)
- Extension of API turbine range with modular TC 300, TC 400, TC 500 and TC 600 for hydrocarbon processing with pressurized lube oil system to API 614
- Extension of magnetic bearings turbine range with MTC 500 and MTC 600
- Development of TC 120 turbines for biogas and clean fuels applications
- EcoREL, patented LNG carriers re-liquefaction system for boil-off gas
- EcoBOT, patented boil-off gas treatment system for shipboard service
- 6.5 bar boil-off gas compressors for LNG carriers with dual fuel diesel-electric propulsion
- Hydrogen fuel pumps and fuelling station
- Wasted energy power recovery turbines range extension for power up to 12 MW
- Simplex, triplex and qintuplex HPP 75/110 high pressure reciprocating pump for enhanced oil and gas recovery (LN2 flow up to 800 l/min at 690 bar)
- 7 MW compander with 3 compressor stages and 1 expander for reverse Brayton cycle
- Large multi-stage vertical pumps VP330: flow 2000 - 4200 l/min up to 80 bar
- Shipboard reliquefaction EcoRel (complete onboard plant) for all Qmax vessels, the largest ever build 266 000 m3 LNG carriers
- In-pipe generator loaded turbine (MTG) for energy recovery in pressure let down station with high frequency synchronous generator on magnetic bearing delivering 300 kW to the grid
- High pressure reciprocating pump P 20 for natural gas vehicle fuel injection
- Power recovery turbines up to 10MW TG 400 and TG 500 with dry gas seal for geothermal applications in ORC and Kalina cycles