Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company specializing in construction & engineering, staffing and defense—for leading corporations and governments around the world. Day & Zimmermann is a family-owned company founded over a century ago. Our first work was to develop “Betterment Reports” that helped modernize American factories. Today we’re still in the business of betterment. We specialize in construction & engineering, staffing and defense -- helping leading corporations and governments make the world a better place. Over the last century, we helped construct the Panama Canal, put men on the moon and bring the Olympics to American households. Today we’re maintaining the nation’s power infrastructure, protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements around the world. Behind every project is our promise of relentless reliability -- we do what we say, so our customers can do their best work, better.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Construction & Construction Materials
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Making a Difference
We make a difference for customers by delivering solutions that increase efficiency, drive growth and manage risk. By applying our diverse competencies, deep industry knowledge, dynamic talent and established outsourcing capabilities, we help our customers build leadership positions in their markets.
Day & Zimmermann builds customer relationships for the long-term, operating as a business partner that understands our customers' businesses as well as we understand our own. Our people are the key to our success. They are smart and personable. They are specialists who have a thorough understanding of our customers' industries. Our ability to attract and develop talent with the right skills, ideas and experience is a hallmark of our success.
- Engineering, Construction & Maintenance: one of the nation’s leading providers of total plant lifecycle solutions for the power, process and industrial markets. With more than 15,000 employees, a network of strategic locations, and a proud history of more than 100 years, Day & Zimmermann ECM has evolved into a diverse engineering, construction, maintenance, fabrication and industrial services organization.
- Government Services: a trusted provider of security, logistics, life support, and base operations support for the U.S. Departments of Defense, State, and Energy, as well as other federal agencies and commercial clientele. We also deliver architecture, engineering, and construction services for the government and defense sector, including designing and planning, design-build, modular construction and related services.
- Munitions & Government: one of the country’s leading munitions contractors with extensive expertise in the production, storage and demilitarization of ammunition products and components for the United States Department of Defense and United States-approved foreign governments. Our related services include munitions production engineering and load, assemble, pack (LAP) operations. We also operate vast military complexes, delivering full-service facilities management that includes base operations, equipment management, environmental services, housing management and security.
- Yoh: a Day & Zimmermann company, offers a comprehensive portfolio of flexible workforce solutions for a wide variety of technical disciplines including IT, engineering, health and life sciences positions. Our services include temporary and direct-hire staffing, full-service outsourcing solutions, payrolling, and recruitment process outsourcing. From aerospace and defense to the healthcare, pharmaceutical and federal markets, Yoh has the talent and expertise to help you move your business forward.
Our customers rely on us because they can -- from our deep industry knowledge and technical expertise, to our financial stability as a privately-held company and 100 year plus track record of success, Day & Zimmermann gets the job done. We do what we say. by drawing strength from our values, making them part of everything we do. They capture the essence of what our company stands for: safety, diversity, integrity and success.