Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, design safety engineering, inc. specializes in the risk assessment process and improving safety through design. Through software, training, and consulting, dse helps companies identify hazards and reduce risks to an acceptable level. dse assists companies in learning the basics through how to implement and deploy the process into the company. dse has had great success in applying the risk assessment process in a wide variety of industries and applications including industrial machinery, consumer products, manufacturing plants and facilities, component suppliers, and many others.
Our software has been applied to numerous industrial processes or systems. Some examples include:
- Insulation manufacturing facility,
- Automotive parts dip tank coating line,
- Robotic auto parts fabrication line,
- Wood flooring manufacturing facility,
- Wood cabinet manufacturing facility, and
- Boiler failure and restoration to use.
Another area of great accomplishment is with industrial and commercial machinery and equipment, such as:
- Mechanical and industrial presses
- Consumer Products
- Meat slicing and packaging machinery
- Juicer machines
- Range (stove/oven)
- Food processing machines
- Laser etching machine
- Industrial grinder
- Industrial wood-working machines
- Parts washing machine for clean room environment
- Agricultural/commercial irrigating control system
- Plastics extrusion machines
- Parts packing machinery
dse is skilled in applying a variety of methods to reduce risk including design changes, guarding systems, warning labels, instructions, work procedures, use of PPE and others.
We are also active in litigation by acting as an expert witness in many product liability cases in a variety of industrial machinery, facilities and consumer products.