Dometic is a worldwide manufacturer and supplier of high quality and innovate products. Dometic serves the market with a complete range of air conditioners, refrigerators, awnings, cookers, sanitation, lighting, mobile power equipment, windows, doors and other comfort and safety products that make life away from home more comfortable either you are in an RV, on a boat or in a vehicle. Beside that we offer specially designed refrigerators for hotels and for medical purposes.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Dometic in Brief
Dometic provides branded solutions for mobile living in the areas of Climate, Hygiene & Sanitation and Food & Beverage. Our mission is to make the mobile life easy.
Regions and Products
Dometic is organized into three regions: Americas, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and APAC (Asia and Oceania). We manufacture and sell a diverse range of products for use in recreational vehicles, trucks and premium cars, pleasure and workboats, and for a variety of other uses. Our motivation is to create smart and reliable products with outstanding design.
Dometic uses two sales channels, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Aftermarket (AM), to distribute our products. OEM customers are manufacturers of RVs, trucks, premium cars, pleasure and work boats, while the Aftermarket comprises upgrade and replacement products, parts and consumables as well as stand-alone Aftermarket products. These are sold through various distributors, dealers and retailers to end-users.
Dometic operates 22 manufacturing/assembly sites in nine countries, sells products in some 100 countries and manufactures in-house approximately 85 percent of the products sold in 2016. Dometic's headquarters are located in Solna, Sweden.
Dometic’s strategy is focused on profitable growth. We aim to achieve this through a number of initiatives within three areas:
- Selectively strengthening the OEM business within attractive niche positions.
- Growing the Aftermarket business by widening the customer base and the product portfolio
- Investments in a number of new geographies which offer significant long-term growth potential
Dometic aims to achieve this growth through a combination of organic growth initiatives and by acquisitions in line with the strategy.
The strategy is based on the systematic work to increase the competitiveness within all significant cost categories and to strengthen the company through continued consolidation and harmonization in terms of the way of working, processes and management (“One Dometic”).
- Product leadership in all core RV OEM categories
- Selective RV OEM product expansion (product white spots)
- Target work boats
- Growth in Marine water makers and engine room ventilation
- Replicate EMEA CPV OEM story in APAC and Americas
Grow Aftermarket Business
- Grow with improved profitability through distinct offerings in large product categories serving leading dealers and retailers with the industry’s most competitive sales and delivery structure.
Accelerate New Geographies
- Make focused investments with carefully chosen products in countries with large longer term potential for our solutions in Mobile Living.
Competitive Cost Base
- Secure competitive cost by constantly working on improvements in Product Cost, Warehousing & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Administration.
- Improve Dometic’s business model and move towards a more integrated group with a common culture, unified approach and with clear areas of accountability.
Dometic is organized into three geographical regions: Americas (North America, Latin America, the Caribbean), EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) and APAC (Asia and Oceania) and divided into five business areas: RV (Recreational Vehicles), CPV (Commercial & Passenger Vehicles), Marine, Retail and Lodging.
We operate 22 manufacturing sites globally and manufacture approximately 85% of products sold in-house. We sell our products in approximately 100 countries.